Manuka Honey

Some time back there was a thread on this topic but for the life of me I CAN'T FIND it! Has anyone used it topically on their grey for insect/spider/bee sting? Our local health food stores does not carry it so thought I might order on the internet. We think Brandi may have gotten a bee sting or insect bite. Slight swelling on her foot. I have given her benadryl and had her checked by the vet this morning.

Oh I just did a search and found it on #4127453

Edited by brandimom

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Some time back there was a thread on this topic but for the life of me I CAN'T FIND it! Has anyone used it topically on their grey for insect/spider/bee sting? Our local health food stores does not carry it so thought I might order on the internet. We think Brandi may have gotten a bee sting or insect bite. Slight swelling on her foot. I have given her benadryl and had her checked by the vet this morning.

Oh I just did a search and found it on #4127453

I have used Manuka Honey products in the past as a result of reading the article about Pipers Skinning in a CG magazine a few years back. I use it both on myself and my dogs. I have purchased them from http://www.manukahoneyusa.com/SecureShopping.htm. In replying to a manuka thread last week, it reminded me that I still had some in the drug closet so I went and grabbed it. I cut my finger in the knife drawer last week and it was so sore and a bit infected so I did the usual with band aids and neosporin, but it just didn't seem to help much. After putting the manuka salve on it, it got remarkably better just overnite! I use the Meloderm ointment and love it. I also bought a tube of wound care, but seem to like the meloderm better (not to be confused with meladerm).

What I did find though is that it can be pretty sticky. It definately needs a bandage to keep it covered.