Mach2 Never Expected Cdx Jj

Guest NeverSayNever

Guest NeverSayNever

A long time ago, I fostered Travis and was not pleased that I got stuck with him. It took a few years, but I am so glad he shared his life with me. Initially, he was very difficult around non-greyhounds due to his prey drive, but he turned that motivation and drive into agility drive. He is the all time #1 greyhound lifetime achiever in AKC agility. Travis was awesome.

Thank you for letting me share is story. Here is a video clip of Travis to the song Never Say Never by the Fray.

A remembrance video of Travis

Edited by NeverSayNever

Beautiful remembrance of a very special hound.

Yes, he could fly ..... :wub:

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am very sorry for the loss of this special boy.

(ps off- topic- your screen name was my license plate for many years. nvrzanvr)

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

That was a beautiful and moving tribute to Travis. Just as your blog said, in those photos Travis looked like he was loving every minute of it. He was a very special boy.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest greymama002

That was such a beautiful heartfelt tribute to a very handsome & talented boy! Travis was so lucky that you discovered what he was born to become! :beatheart:beatheart

Guest myIrishlass

What a touching tribute to a wonderful hound. And it has put the idea in my head of trying agility to focus the energy of any hyper fosters I get. Thank you!

Jennifer, I sent you an email earlier today. Travis' video tribute is so beautiful. What an awesome boy he was. And you are obviously very talented to be able to teach your hounds to do all this!!

Rita

:f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

That's an amazing video - so wonderful to see Travis flying over those jumps - and he was, as you say, so beautiful :brokenheart .

:grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Guest lovemyhounds

I love this video of Travis. In fact, I had to watch it a second time after I found a box of tissues. Following an internet search for greyhounds and agility, I found your website and blog in early 2008 and was very sad last year when you lost your handsome boy. Watching video clips from your blog of you and Travis show a team in unison..working in such harmony. You made agility look so easy as Travis just flowed through the courses, I was in awe. You and Travis challanged me and one of my greys, Kylie to enroll in agility classes and we are having a blast. I am happy to see you here on greytalk and thanks for sharing this tribute video of your amazing Travis. As he did in life, may his memory continue to inspire greyhounds and their adopters. He is definitely a shinning star for greyhound adoption.

Guest goofydog

Ok Jen, seeing you post in Rembrance officially scared the holy crap out of me! I never tire of seeing Travis do anything. He was such a special boy and I know you miss him terribly. Thanks for sharing his tribute with us.

Toni

Edited by goofydog

Guest ss556

That was truly a beautiful tribute to Travis. It certainly looks like he lived his life to the fullest. I'm sorry for your loss and may he continue to run free with all of those with him.

I know how much your boy is missed. He's left a huge hole in the agility world...and in the hearts of those who knew him.

The video is lovely.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Amazing, both the video and his story

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

double post...

Edited by greytpups

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest NeverSayNever

Thank you, everyone, for all the kind thoughts, comments, etc. I do love talking about Travis :-), so thanks for walking down memory lane with me. I had wanted to do a picture/video clip to music for a long time, but didn't have the right song until a few weeks ago. I'm just so happy that he was on so many minds today. Very cool!