Msu Thyroid Panel

Does anyone know how long it typically takes to get results from them? I can't remember and I don't want to be a total pain in my vet's butt, but I'm thinking enough time has passed and I haven't heard anything. We dropped in for the blood draw this past Tuesday so it's been almost a week.

Also, there was some discussion about whether you had to pay for the interpretation from someone at MSU and I thought I'd let people know I had to pay $8. I'm not sure if my vet includes a markup on that, it was $138 total - blood draw, panel, interpretation, shipping.

So, when should I start bugging my vet? Normally I wouldn't care, but I've placed a lot of calls to them recently and we also had to work out some billing issues so I'm trying to be patient. :blush

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Usually 24-48 hours TOPS, unless you are waiting for a FREE T 4

We sent for a full panel, which would include a free T4.

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest Energy11
Usually 24-48 hours TOPS, unless you are waiting for a FREE T 4

We sent for a full panel, which would include a free T4.

Still shouldn't be taking this long.

Sigh, I called, not until tomorrow or Wednesday "at the latest".

Guest gretzky

I just got Zella's done at MSU. The report states Blood was drawn 7/10 3:17pm. Received 7/13 1:16pm. Results were printed and faxed back to Vet 7/15 5:28pm.

ETA: I didn't have an interpretation done because I forgot to ask <_<

Edited by gretzky

That's kind of a long time ..... Used to be something like $2 to get the interpretation. I see it is now $5. I thought it was included on the premium panel but maybe not.

ETA: Here are the current fees, so yeah, your vet has marked up: http://www.animalhealth.msu.edu/Misc/AD.ADM.REF.005.pdf

Edited by Batmom

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.