Shayla

Guest shayla

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh how awful!!!!! Poor baby girl to die after being horrifically attacked.....our heart goes out to you

RIP Shayla

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest CarriesMom

OMG! I am so sorry to hear of you greyt loss. This is always on my mind when I walk my girl; if people just cannot control their dogs they belong behind a 6' fence.

:f_white

Guest greygirls2

As always I am a bit behind on reading posts. I was shocked and completely saddened to hear what happened to your sweet girl and I wanted to extend my very deepest heartfelt sympathies to you in the terrifying ordeal and awful loss. I am so sorry you had to expereince this and Shayla wasn't able to pull through. My girl Diamond was attacked by a loose and very aggressive pit bull the beginning of April ( see Diamond was attacked today) and it's been a harrowing 3 1/2 month recovery process but she has come through it. I know the horror of watching your sweet dog being mauled and there's nothing you can do to stop is......terrifying. My other two greys who were with me suffered phsychological problems from the attack so I am addressing those now. I fought with the town to have the attacking dog registered under the "Vicious Dog Act" and won that battle, now I am fighting to have Diamond's vet bills reimbursed by the owners. But my confidence in walking my dogs is shaken and I am nervous anytime a strange dog approaches now whether it's leashed or not....such an awful feeling. Though nothing will bring back your sweet girl now I hope something gets done to prevent such a senseless and avoidable tragedy from ever happening again. Shayla is watching over you now from the Bridge where she is happily playing with all the others gone before her pausing often to look lovingly down upon you. She knows how much she was loved and she misses you too. I hope that you can someday smile when you cherish her memory. I am so very sorry. Shayla....run fast and free now sweetie and rest on the softest of Angel's wings

Guest NeverSayNever

Oh my gosh.... that is awful. That is truly one of my worse nightmares. I am so sorry it is your reality and not just a bad dream. I hope you can get some sort of justice and find some peace.

Guest adriahna

So many prayers for peace to you.

I'm glad to hear that you are pursuing legal action - the whole thing is made so much more disgusting by the fact that the dog's owner doesn't seem to care much. Grill the bastard - give him something to care about.

I'm also glad that you're working with your grandchildren as best you can - it must have been so frightening, and such a terrible thing to see, for them - they clearly loved Shayla.

I keep popping in for updates...I keep hoping the owner gets the book thrown at him

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest garysgreys

What a horrible thing to happen !!! Words cannot express how sorry I am for Your loss.

There is nothing I hate more than an irresponsible pet owner !!!!! Please tell Me that You are going to leave him swinging in the breeze from his TESTICLES, as that is what seems most appropriate for this human waste product !!!!!

Pardon My outburst, but things like this just gall the crap out of Me !!!!

Gary

That's just too horrible to be true...it's the worst nightmare to imagine and it did happen to poor Shayla.

I'm so very sorry for your loss, it's a heartbreaking story.

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

That's just too horrible to be true...it's the worst nightmare to imagine and it did happen to poor Shayla.

I'm so very sorry for your loss, it's a heartbreaking story.

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Guest shayla

just an update.. the insurance company met our terms. (we reminded them that children were traumatized and that we live in Madison County Il. We have the most lawsuits in the COUNTRY.) They gave us no grief. They also said their homeowners insurance was in jeopardy. We han't heard from animal control yet, but they said it would take at least a month to go thru the process of getting it declared dangerous. The owner still doesn't get it..he told a neighbor "Why all the fuss, IT'S JUST A DOG!" Wanna bet?/!

Guest nerak254

I'm glad the insurance company isn't as stupid as their customer. :blink: I hope he ends up losing even the dangly bits before it's over.

Guest suzye

I am so sorry for your loss. That is tragic and horrible. :cry1

just an update.. the insurance company met our terms. (we reminded them that children were traumatized and that we live in Madison County Il. We have the most lawsuits in the COUNTRY.) They gave us no grief. They also said their homeowners insurance was in jeopardy. We han't heard from animal control yet, but they said it would take at least a month to go thru the process of getting it declared dangerous. The owner still doesn't get it..he told a neighbor "Why all the fuss, IT'S JUST A DOG!" Wanna bet?/!

If dogs are just dogs, then he wouldn't mind if his dog were seized and euthanized. Ugh. I am glad that the insurance company is doing something, though.

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I'm sorry I'm seeing this so late... I am just so horribly sorry for this tragic, unnecessary loss of your beautiful girl and as many others have said.. very angry. We have two sets of slip-leash or break out of house and attack dogs in my neighborhood and I am driving my dogs over to the Veterans Cemetary to walk them safely. The one set of neighbors with the worst dog have been incredibly rude to me and shrug off responsibility like the idiots I know they are..... occasionally I think I am being too fearful, and for no reason-- then I read this and I know that I'm just being careful--for a good reason. Things like this just should not happen. Not ever.

I am so terribly sorry for your loss.