Shayla

Guest shayla

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of my worst nightmares. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope the neighbors are taking responsibility.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

It is a crying shame that our beloved pets have to pay the price for someone elses carelessness and irresponsibility. It's bad enough when their lost to things that are beyond control, but this should have never, never happened :angryfire . My deepest condolences to you :( .

Guest MomoftheFuzzy
Shayla, our 9 yr old greygirl, was attacked by a neighbors dog while on our nightly walk with another neighbor and her 2 airdales. My 2 little grandsons were along for the walk and got caught in the middle of the fray. Thank God they weren't hurt. We rushed Shayla to the e-vet but she couldn't be stabilized. After 12 hours the decision was made to euthanize her due to the severity of the bites. This is everyones nightmare. The dog (a wheaten terrier) was regularly staked out in his front yard and slipped out of his collar to attack Shayla 3 times, no less. We are all sooo sad and soooo angry that it's hard to talk about. Our other greyboy deeply misses his sister. Shay was a very gentle, non-confrontational girl. She was my velcro dog. All she wanted was to be loved. And love her we did.... but it wasn't supposed to end THIS way.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost Speck in a very similar way and it was simply devastating.

Please accept my sincerest condolences.

Guest LANDOLISA

So Sorry for your loss. f_yellow

Our Lisa was attacked three times through the 7 years we had her, by three different dogs. This angers me to no end that people can be so irresponsible.

Again so very sorry for you loss, run free Shayla and Godspeed. :gh_run

Guest shayla

thank you all for your warm thoughts. Most people just don't understand our relationship with our dogs. It's obvious that you do.

a footnote: We made out a sheriffs report, sent 4 witness's affidavits, pictures, a copy of the e-vets report, and a copy of the sheriffs report to their insurance co. (we're suing) and to animal control. We're trying to have the animal control vet have the wheaten declared a dangerous animal. By the way, the animal control vet happens to be Shayla's vet!! This dog has attacked another dog before ours but wasn't reported because it was the wheatens owners sisters dog. (she lives next door to him)It also attacked one of my friends airdales. The owner doesn't believe any of it. No apology, no nothing, just denial, he just lawyered up! That's why we're going after him.

Guest TBSFlame
thank you all for your warm thoughts. Most people just don't understand our relationship with our dogs. It's obvious that you do.

a footnote: We made out a sheriffs report, sent 4 witness's affidavits, pictures, a copy of the e-vets report, and a copy of the sheriffs report to their insurance co. (we're suing) and to animal control. We're trying to have the animal control vet have the wheaten declared a dangerous animal. By the way, the animal control vet happens to be Shayla's vet!! This dog has attacked another dog before ours but wasn't reported because it was the wheatens owners sisters dog. (she lives next door to him)It also attacked one of my friends airdales. The owner doesn't believe any of it. No apology, no nothing, just denial, he just lawyered up! That's why we're going after him.

Good for you. I am so sorry you are having to go through this but this is the only way to protect some other poor gentle soul.

Guest Ohiogreymom

I'm so very sorry you lost your precious girl, :grouphug but I'm so relieved that you're going after him. If this dog has attacked 3 dogs, he obviously IS a dangerous animal, and should be dealt with as such. Too bad the owner can't be charged for being stupid! He should pay the same price as his dog! :angryfire Run free sweet Shayla.... :weep:gh_run