Weird Snuffling Noises

Guest Ashley

Guest Ashley

And I don't think that they are quite sneezes, though she has been doing that as well. It seems that whenever she drinks water, she starts snuffling and kind of hacking.. I don't know how to describe it. Have you guys ever experienced it? I rubbed her throat today while it happened and I could feel movement there, and her lips were flopping around with the air.. :unsure I'm sorry about how vague this is. If I had my camera, I would take a video of it.

Do you have any idea what it might be? It can't be an allergy to water, right? That would be ridiculous.. :blink: I don't know. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thank you guys!

Guest Energy11

Hummmm.... might be reserse sneezing. There are videos online showing it. Oakly does that a lot, and I just rub his throat... it isn't anything serious, if that is what it is.

Guest Ashley
Hummmm.... might be reserse sneezing. There are videos online showing it. Oakly does that a lot, and I just rub his throat... it isn't anything serious, if that is what it is.

It sounds kind of like that. My aunt's Boston Terrier reverse sneezes a lot, and it sounds a heck of a lot louder and more severe than what Sadie is doing. But that might just be because of his squashed face, compared to Sadie's long snout. I'm not terribly concerned because she doesn't seem to really care about it, but I just wanted some opinions :lol Thank you!

Guest BatesieGreys

Does it remind you a little bit (with the lip flapping) of when kids buzz their lips together? And it sounds a bit like a huffing noise? If so, Daisy does that all the time. It's almost like she is sighing, but her lips make that flapping sound. It doesn't bother Daisy at all, and doesn't seem to be a problem.

Guest Ashley
Does it remind you a little bit (with the lip flapping) of when kids buzz their lips together? And it sounds a bit like a huffing noise? If so, Daisy does that all the time. It's almost like she is sighing, but her lips make that flapping sound. It doesn't bother Daisy at all, and doesn't seem to be a problem.

That sounds just like what she is doing. I'm such a worrier! Thanks for the replies. I just had to make sure there was nothing I could do to help her with it :)

Guest Ashley
Greta does it when her allergies are acting up--I think it's mucus in her throat causing it. When it's bad enough that she seems disturbed by it (can't settle down or if it is likely to cause her to regurgitate her food) I give her 2 antihistamines per vet instructions.

I'll be sure to bring it up with the next vet visit, poor Greta having allergies! What is she allergic to, do you know?