Penny Throwing Up Blood

Guest Tuxsmom

My heart goes out to you, hon. Hope you and Penny have a restful night. :goodluck

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are praying that Penny is Feeling Better..... :grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I'm so happy Penny is back home with you. And that her problems are (relatively) minor. Best wishes for both of you for a restful night & quick healing.

:getwell

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Mousie's instructions for her Carafate (sulcarafate) are 1/2 hr before any meds/meals or 1 hr after. three times daily or every 8 hrs if that's easier to math out for ya. And for the first several days I'd time that down to the second!!! Carafate coats the entire stomach/esophagus/small intesting and will help seal up that evil hole! it will, however, do nothing for the hooks except help seal up their little holes too. I'm glad I was right, but "Just" an ulcer can be very serious too.

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

and yeah... i hear a malibu run & pineapple juice calling my name :)

I'll enjoy one here in Wisconsin in celebration that she is home with you tonight. May you have a peaceful night and may her meds help her feel better quickly.

Lisa, Matt, Travis, and Kathryn

Furkids: Gracie (Styled Princess) and felines Tilly and Nike

SignatureGreytalk.jpg

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Wow that is pretty severe! I'm glad the vet is on top of things and able to help poor Penny! Don't blame yourself. You can't watch your pets 24/7 and they will eat anything if they're inclined to! I will continue to keep Penny in my prayers!

Sending prayers for Penny! :grouphug

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest lynne893

adding my thoughts to the pile!

you SO deserve that malibu and pineapple drink!

penny is an adorable little girl. our timber has been going through similar issues (months of digestive, ulcer type issues..)

keep your head up...

Guest TurnerMiller01
Fingers crossed for a peaceful night for you both.

Exactly,,, keeping my fingers crossed too,

prayers for you and Penny that you both have a peaceful and restful night at home together.

Guest WarmheartedPups

Yes ...this is good news....now for a peaceful night....good blood counts....and a couple large drinks!!!!..I am sure a few of us will have a drink with the good news of Penny!!

How is Penny this morning? I hope you were both able to get some rest. Still sending prayers for your precious

girl.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I know it's early (at least here in WI) but I'm checking in for a Penny update as well. Hoping to hear GOOD news of a peaceful night for both of you. :)

Lisa, Matt, Travis, and Kathryn

Furkids: Gracie (Styled Princess) and felines Tilly and Nike

SignatureGreytalk.jpg

Oh, how terrifying! I am so glad that she is home with you! Sending prayers and healing light to Penny and hugs to you!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest KennelMom

Sending prayers for you and Penny :hope

Do NOT be hard on yourself! It is IMPOSSIBLE to forsee everything that can happen to our pups. Even under our closest watch, sometimes crap just happens. You learn and move on...keep on being a great mom for Penny :grouphug

Guest twhitehouse

Just catching up with this thread. Glad to hear that Penny is home with you... Continued prayers that she has a speedy recovery and you get some rest tonight with her. Let us know how the next vet visit goes.

Guest DorasMom

How's Penny this morning? Hope it was an uneventful night!

I'd have never thought 3 weeks would be enough time for worms to multiply that badly!!

Don't blame yourself! A clean fecal 3 weeks ago, any of us could find ourselves in the same predicament!

I'm so glad that Penny is holding her own right now and that there is more than a little reason to be optimistic for her future!

Please recognize that this situation is NOT your fault. Side effects from meds and unexpected new issues like hookworms happen, even in the most carefully regulated home . You didn't cause those things and just as soon as you knew Penny was in trouble you got her the help she needed. Now, you and your vet and Penny will deal with these new issues. No matter how much we love our pups, no matter how carefully we work to protect them from everything--we are not and never will be in 100% control of everything that happens to them or to us. Beating ourselves up about that fact is a waste of time and energy that can be spent on much better things.

Prayers and best wishes for you and Penny

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Guest UESBrindle

I'm SO glad to hear you caught what was wrong in the nik of time! Please don't beat yourself up-- I hope you kicked back, enjoyed your drink, and let us know how tomorrow goes!

Still sending prayers for a speedy recovery