Penny Throwing Up Blood

Guest Tuxsmom

Guest Tuxsmom

Penny just threw up a large amount of bright red blood. my half-baked brain seems to think bright red is better than dark maroon right?

she had diarreah this evenign too. and half of it was almost black. my first thought at the time was that it was old blood, but i talked myself out of thinking that.

she must have thrown up a gallon, it splashed up the walls and everywhere, but she's also drinking a ton of water because of the prednisone she's on

taking her to vet in a.m. not going to evet - her gums are ok, shes walking around, seems like not going into shock or anything

im hoping this is effect of medicine and not effect of supposed tumor or systems breaking down

am i being more cruel to her than to just let nature take its course with a supposed tumor/cancer. im exhausted, have not slept more than 2 hours straight for 2 weeks because she gets me up every two hours. shes exhausted. i dont want her to suffer

am i overreacting? maybe there is a simple fix and all will be well when meds are tapered off?

agh

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tuxsmom

heading out the door... she just had runny diarreah that was completely black. blood, right?

i'm not feeding her breakfast or giving her meds...just taking her straight to vets so they can decide whats best to do

Many prayers for sweet Penny. Come on sweetie, you've been doing so well.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Energy11

Oh June!

Yes, black diarrhea usually mean blood. Dasher had it.

We are praying like mad here! Please keep us posed. Remember, I gave you my phone number. CALL if you need to talk! I am here today.

Love Dee

Sending prayers for your girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending prayers for Penny. I've been following her story, but haven't been posting.

Please keep us posted on how she is doing.

Gentle hugs to you at this scary time!

Lisa, Matt, Travis, and Kathryn

Furkids: Gracie (Styled Princess) and felines Tilly and Nike

SignatureGreytalk.jpg