Injury To Mouth?

Guest BatesieGreys

Guest BatesieGreys

This morning when I was petting Daisy, I noticed that she has a cut/abrasion/raw place on her lip. It looks like she might have bitten it somehow. I'm not sure if I need to do anything for it or if I should leave it alone. Pictures are included for reference. Thanks for any help or advice,

Kira

DSCN0584.jpg

Guest Energy11

Yes, it does look like she may have bitten herself. Looks like is should heal itself, but, of course, just keep an eye on it! Good luck! D

It should heal all by itself. I'd clean it up after meals just to be safe.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest kydie

Pups have a remarkable way , like children, to aquire all sorts of cuts and scrapes, and a remarkable way of healing too

After a tiff with Oreo, my Sam had a hole in the side of his mouth. I thought she'd gotten him...until I looked more closely at the hole and realized it was larger on the inside of his mouth than on the outside...so he bit himself.

I put a bit of Listerine on a cotton ball and swabbed the hole--inside of his mouth and outside--on the first day. By day two, it was healing nicely and I didn't mess with it any more.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)