Question About Bladder Cysts

Guest brit1

Guest brit1

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with a cyst on bladder? A friend of mine is looking at a grey to adopt that apparently had bladder problems and then it was discovered that she had a giant cyst on her bladder. A vet removed it, said no cancer and now apparently all is back to normal with the dog's bladder. However, she would like to know if anyone here has had this experience and whether she would have to expect the return of another cyst and expensive surgery? Thanks for any information

anne

Guest mike

From experience (I'm a vet) the grey will probably be fine. However, there are no guarantees with any dog. This would not be something I'd be concerned with. Without seeing records this is only an opinion.

Guest brit1

thanks so much for responding, so appreciated. I know there are no guarantees and my friend would be a wonderful home for a grey. There are no records as this is a grey that was abandoned and when found it was noted that she was having trouble urinating and then it was noted that she had a baseball size tumor that turned out to be benign. Somewhere along the line it was named a cyst perhaps to differentiate it from cancerous tumors. I know we can't foretell the future but my friend was abit hesitant as she just went through a dog going to the Bridge and of course is willing to accept whatever the future holds but hesitant to take on a known medical issue again :)

From experience (I'm a vet) the grey will probably be fine. However, there are no guarantees with any dog. This would not be something I'd be concerned with. Without seeing records this is only an opinion.

Guest SoulsMom

My dog Archie (non-grey) had a third of his bladder removed due to polyps caused by bladder stones and has been fine since! That was five years ago.