Finally Joined Greytalk

Guest CaleenD

Guest CaleenD

After lurking for some time, I finally joined GreyTalk today :)

We adopted our first greyhound, Little Joe (formerly Calypso Joe - 2 years old) almost two months ago. Three weeks after bringing him home we chipped, and brought home his half-brother, Shadow (formerly WJS Shadow King - 3 years old).

Even though it's only been a short time, I can't imagine my life without greyhounds now. They are wonderful boys, and they have added so much to our home. We have two children, ages 5 and 7, and the dogs are fantastic with them. My daughter (the younger of the two) was terrified of dogs. She cried when we went to the rescue to look at the hounds, but I knew she would come around, and she did. Two days after Joe came home she was over her fear and now comfortably shares her space with both of the guys.

Anyway, here are some photos of our hounds. Looking forward to participating here and getting to know everyone a little bit!

Joe is the brindle, Shadow is the black:

3617582567_bf52c71fa0.jpg

3611222939_f98f70eab1.jpg

3608048872_f4a2c959c9.jpg

3528371662_e4524083a5.jpg

Cal

Welcome from Texas :)

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Welcome from Maryland! Beautiful pups!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Greetings from Gainesville, Florida! :welcome2

They are both such beautiful hounds!!!!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Hi Callen! Welcome to GT to which I feel somewhat addicted and haven't been on the GRA forum much :thumbs-up

They finally cut the grass at NCR...hope to see you and the pups sometime. How does Shadow like his new home and former turn-out mate?

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest CaleenD
Hi Callen! Welcome to GT to which I feel somewhat addicted and haven't been on the GRA forum much :thumbs-up

They finally cut the grass at NCR...hope to see you and the pups sometime. How does Shadow like his new home and former turn-out mate?

We'll be out at the NCR on Sunday at around 8:30am or so :) It will be nice to have the grass shorter. I will have to bring my camera and get some decent pictures.

He's doing really well with Joe, and he seems to love retirement. They have become pals, even sharing the same bed/blankets quite often!

Guest TurnerMiller01

:welcome

Welcome from PA here.

Your hounds are gorgeous!!

We love to see pics of each others hounds... it makes our day :)

Guest CaseynovasMom

Hey there! Welcome from NY to you, Little Joe and Shadow!

My middle guy (4.5) was the same way with our hound - he was really nervous to be getting such a big dog, but now is in love with him. They're so gentle, it's easy to have them grow on you! Even my mother who is totally dog phobic and who swore that she'd never set foot in my house again when she heard we got a big dog... now loves him to bits, calls him "GG" for Gentle Giant, and photos of him everywhere! LOL.

Anyway, so glad you finally decided to join, you sure can learn a lot here! And thanks for sharing photos of your beauty boys. :wub:

Edited by CaseynovasMom