Incidence By Dog Breed Of Osteosarcoma/bone Cancer

Guest eaglflyt

Guest eaglflyt
Hi Shelly,

I'm not sure how to send messages with this yet, but did my husband and I meet you a month ago at Greyhound Funday at Jessica's house? :)

Yes! That's me. We're so sorry we didn't get to say Good Bye at FunDay. We didn't realize you were leaving until you were gone. Ady Bea starts Canine Good Citizen class tonight and Therapy Dog training. She's doing great! : )

It's great to see you here! Petco Show N Tail is this weekend so we hope to see you there, too!

I will definitely be there! I have been looking forward to it all month : ) You will have to tell me about the Therapy Dog training...what is it exactly? What are you allowed to do once she is finished with the training?

Kadee,

I'm sorry, but I can't message you yet. You're still pretty new and there's a waiting time before private messaging is available. The following is a brief explanation I prepared for you before I found out I couldn't send it yet.

We train Ady Bea HERE. We've completed Basic Obedience and begin CGC class tonight. Here's the CGC Info.. Therapy Dog requirements are HERE and for more info., check HERE and the Therapy Dog International website is HERE.

If you have any questions, just let me know. I'm really looking forward to Saturday!

See you there. : )

Also, my email is sjh1979 at swbell dot net if you want to contact me privately through regular email. That way we won't be private messaging on the board. Apologies to board members and administrators for this message.

Guest eaglflyt
I concure... However with the loss of LISA (5/6/09) metastatic gastric carcinoma, and the OSA Amputation with Lando, my DW and I have talked of not having anymore pets, because the heartbreak is too much. This might change in the future, but right now our hearts hurt too much.

I'm so sorry for your loss and the heartbreak you have experienced. I feel too many of us are familiar with that heartbreak. I hope that in the near future you can reflect on all the joy and happy times your pets have brought to you and that will begin to outweigh your pain. All our pets are with us on loan since their lifespans are generally much shorter than ours. However, the life and joy they bring have helped me get through the tragic loss of a family member and somehow made me smile when I thought I couldn't survive. I hope I've been able to help our pets, too.

The loss of a beloved pet is so great, but the joy they bring may well be a choice you will again choose some day. I'll be keeping you and your wife in my thoughts and prayers. ((((HUGS)))) to both of you.

Guest Chasems

While greyhounds have their own Circle of Greys site to share our cancer sorrows, there are other sites for all breeds, including a Yahoo group, bonecancerdogs. On that group, you very rarely hear of a greyhound, but many, many rottweilers and goldens. I've also seen quite a few giant dogs (St. Bernard, Mastiff) diagnosed at less than 5 years old! I've also heard vets state that cancer is very prevalent among boxers. It's definiately not only showing up in our beautiful hounds!

My boy, Chase, was diagnosed 2/24/09 so I spent a lot of time online doing research. He underwent amputation on 3/3 and so far is doing very well and happy - but we are thankful for every day!!