Bug Died Today

Guest Greytmate

Guest Greytmate

Yesterday we went to the vets to visit Bug. We were told because his immune system was down his whole body was affected by the poison. He had more than one sore spot and he couldnt move at all, he was in pain, and is heart was slowly stopping.

The only humane thing to do was to put him down.

The vets and his owners discused he was alloud to go home for one night and the vet would come back to their house and put him down.

This morning i got to Bug's owners place early and his owners and I put Robbie, Special, Kindy and Bug on the back of the ute and we went down to the paddocks to let the four have their last run around together (the four of them are working dogs- with sheep and cattle). After 30 mins they said their last good byes. When Bug got back to the house Bug gave Moo and Bear their final sniffs and kisses.

At 12:30 that after noon the vet arrived and we lay him down for his ever lasting sleep.

f_yellow Bug is sadly missed, Please send white lights to his owners and other greys who are having a hard time coping with out him f_yellow

This is just so sad. Sending many prayers for those who knew and loved Bug. Run free sweet boy. Godspeed precious Bug. :gh_run:f_red:f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry. Tell Robbie, Special, and Kindy that they'll meet their friend again in the land over the bridge, where the sun is always shining, the grass is warm, and no one has any pain at all, ever.

Hugs to you and all who knew Bug.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Godspeed Bug.. :(

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

Godspeed sweetie.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest lisa73

So sorry and also so tragic! Add my condolences and best wishes to all who miss Bug so much! Sleep tight little man xxxxxx :(

Guest poohsmom

Pooh and I send Best Wishes to all of Bugs family and friends the best in this very sad time.

Edited by poohsmom

Guest CannonsMom

i always wonder why it is i come to this particular thread when i know it will just make me so incredibly sad.

so sorry for Bug and his friends. he is in a better place

Guest CanadaGreylover

I am new to this forum and sorry I never got to know your Bug.I know he will be sorely missed by you and your family.

My heartfelt condolences to you.

Gayle

• 3 weeks later...

I am so sorry to hear about your pupper. I just had to have my 12 yr old blue greyhound put down last night to what we think might have been either a spider or snake bite. His leg swelled 3 times and gangrene set in.

My heart is aching & breaking so I know exactly to the very smallest ache what you are going through.

My heart does have to smile though when I picture my big ole Broggie running with your Ted...I know they're having fun.

Guest cyndifla727

I am so very sorry about Bug. I know that your heart is broken and that he will be terribly missed. Try to keep in mind that he will be at the Rainbow Bridge, running free with other greys until you go to meet him, not much consolation now I know but maybe later on it will be a comfort. A foster in our group was bitten by a Brown Recluse spider at the kennel before he came to our group, it was an awful wound and his leg was unbelievably huge. He has made it through after some very scary days, his leg is starting to heal now after lots of agressive treatment and lots of rest and reccuperation. I knew spider bites could be dangerous but I had no idea they could be so deadly to our puppers. Thank you for sharing your loss with us and getting the word out about this very scary situation. Cyndi and Bandit