Comfortis- Flea Medicine- Any One Here Use It?

Guest mcsheltie

I have a question for any of you that have been having problems with fleas and Frontline or Advantage didn't seem to take care of the problem. Were you applying them every month religiously? Or were you just treating when you had a problem? I am just trying to find out to compare to my own experiences and those of my clients.

Religiously. Advantage still works fairly well, tho not 100%. The fleas here laugh at Frontline. I am using Revolution right now and am not finding any fleas. I am going to try Comfortis when my stock of Rev is gone.

Guest Lgyure85

I've been using Comfortis for a few months, and have had great results. Though it isn't labelled for ticks, the vet said it does help with them, just not completely. We haven't had one since we went on it, though, so it must be doing something! (We're near Chattanooga and the ticks are INSANE here!)

Guest LindsaySF

I have no experience with Comfortis, which I've never even heard of - but I can tell you that fleas don't have wings. wink.gif

That's what I was thinking too. I don't think they were fleas, probably gnats.

Guest KennelMom

I just got back from a trip to Kansas with two hounds and everyone was picking ticks off their dogs...I didn't find a single one on my two girls (found one on me though :puke ). Maybe coincidence, maybe they didn't like the Comfortis...who knows.

Edited by KennelMom

I have been using Confortis since I adopted him from Fla. He was on it there also. I have not had any problems with fleas. I give him Confortis one day and his Heartguard Plus the next. Confortis costs $73.99 at Foster and Smith and my vet said she would match their price. He weights 82 lbs and that price is for his weight group.