Ate A Balloon

Guest Liz_in_PA

Guest Liz_in_PA

Last night, our walk was a 4 bagger, with the last two being squirts.

It's almost 3 pm and he's eaten nothing all day except grass and a pepcid. There are mornings where he doesn't eat much but he usually catches up after lunch. We just went for a walk and what came out was totally liquid (dark brown) and a deflated balloon. :blink: Not what I usually feed him. (Oh ick, now I'm wondering if it was a condom that I was picking up :puke)

Anyway, could that be the reason for the nasty tummy? He's still not looking at his dish. Should this be a rice or oatmeal evening? Normally, it's a drumstick (right only) and some Taste of the Wild.

oh, I'm going to wash my hands for the third time.

Guest sheila

If it was a condom it could have been treated with a spermicide. I did some checking just now and I read one thing on a health message board from a woman who said the spermicide caused her problems with her taste buds and everything she ate tasted horrible for days afterward.

If it was a condom it could have been treated with a spermicide. I did some checking just now and I read one thing on a health message board from a woman who said the spermicide caused her problems with her taste buds and everything she ate tasted horrible for days afterward.

EWWWWW........yuck :eek

Was the balloon or condom whole or just a piece of the condom or balloon? If the entire thing didn't pass, I would be concerned about any part of it left behind that could be causing a full or partial blockage. Hope it all comes out ok.

Guest Liz_in_PA
I think I would call the vet tomorrow just in case that balloon "stops up the works."

Could it be a problem if it has come out? the assumption is there's only one of whatever. It really could be a condom if he's been dumpster diving in the bathroom. How long could something like that hang out in his body? Could he have eaten it 1 1/2 weeks ago and it's finally making it's way out?

He's had some rice with chicken broth. But he's not really interested. I gave him another pepcid as he's stinky.

we were finally getting pretty solid poops, darnit.