And Another Poop Question ?

Guest IrskasMom

Guest IrskasMom

As I was walking through the Park , it made me think ( that does not happen often ) Why is it soooo Important to have firm

Poop?? Is it about the Anal Gland or ...... what makes it so Important ???? :dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno

Edited by IrskasMom

Picking it up! :lol

It is helpful to keep the anal glands clear.

It doesn't matter if it's absolutely firm, but it should hold its shape. If it doesn't, that can indicate something not quite right -- worms or food intolerance or not digesting properly.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest IrskasMom

Batmom .... Thank you for your reply ! I know there was more then just Anal Glands .... of course the Pick up :lol;)

I finally gave up on the "bouncing poop" (some people say their dog's poop is so firm it bounces when it hits the ground). As long as my hounds have poop that is easy to pick up and holds its shape and they don't have anal gland problems, I am a happy Mommy. :lol :lol

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC