Loca Yet Again

she won't even look at food or chicken broth. i had to bring it upstairs for her and she's ignoring it. this is the first time i could remember her not coming down for breakfast. at the risk of sounding pessimistic or like a baby, i have a feeling this isn't good :cry1

It certainly doesn't sound good... I'm sorry :(

Hang in there, Loca-girl -- stop scaring your mommy!

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Judynyc
she won't even look at food or chicken broth. i had to bring it upstairs for her and she's ignoring it. this is the first time i could remember her not coming down for breakfast. at the risk of sounding pessimistic or like a baby, i have a feeling this isn't good :cry1

I'm so sorry!! :(

I had a senior who had chronic kidney disease in her later years.

Per my vet, I gave her Pepcid AC as it did help with the acid buildup in her tummy and her appetite did return. Senior dogs with kidney issues do need help with this as the kidneys no longer do all the filering they are supposed to do.

Have you tried giving her a Pepcid?

Loca is at the vet receiving IV fluids as she's badly dehydrated. she said that her pain and discomfort has nothing to do with her infection; her back was out of whack (she does chipracty also) which probably happened while i was out of town and she was having fun in my friend's backyard. she also said that fewer glands are swollen than last week so she is in fact getting better. she is also going to repeat the urine culture. we discussed euthanisia and she honestly feels that loca is getting better and will get over this.

i walked into work this morning (before i called the vet or told anybody what was going on) and everybody was making death jokes. i honestly thought i was going to lose her today and i yelled at them (daily dose of drama) and ran to the washroom :eek they kicked me out of work to take her to the vet and i'm now back at work, armed with apology cookies. btw, i look like crap from lack of sleep :eek

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest Energy11

OMG, Robin!

We are praying for you and sending positive thoughts!!!

I DO know what you are going through. IF I was working right now, I don't think I could with being up and down with Curfew. He IS having a run of fairly good nights, right now, but as you know, there good and bad days.

All you can do is keep positive thoughts for Loca. No one but you, will know when it is, "her time ..."

We love you two! Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee, and Cari. Bold Energy, Dasher and Max, at The Bridge. :grouphug:bighug:goodluck:hope

{{{{{{{{{{robin}}}}}}}}}}

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest MnMDogs

I'm so sorry you and Loca are going through this. I know it sounds so dramatic, but I'd never experienced so much stress and crazy emotions as I did trying to deal with a sick hound. I hope that your girl is on the mend.

Oh Robin, I'm so sorry Loca is having such a bad time. She should feel a lot better once she's hydrated again. It's amazing how poorly they feel when they get a little dehydrated much less a lot. I'll bet she's doing better by this evening.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug for Robin.

:getwell:hope:candle:cookie for Loca. I just know she's going to feel a whole lot better after the fluids take hold!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

You must work with some nutty and good people........ to be able to break from something they thought was fun to concentrate and understand what you needed and support you on that. Tell them thank you for us - tell them they need to be there to support you in person since we can't be........ but you know we are here.

And Cofax says........ baby oatmeal with a dash of pumpkin and maybe a little scoop of ice cream helps make dog food go down better when you don't feel so well. Ice cream always makes things better. She says you should try some too.

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .

Guest jettcricket

Oh Robin.....I'm so sorry that you and your baby girl are going thru this.

Sending mega prayers for both Loca and you! :grouphug

You must work with some nutty and good people........ to be able to break from something they thought was fun to concentrate and understand what you needed and support you on that. Tell them thank you for us - tell them they need to be there to support you in person since we can't be........ but you know we are here.

actually i'm waiting to get fired :lol

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

actually i'm waiting to get fired :lol

Bring more :cookie (bribes always work - and smile..... keeps them wondering).

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .

Robin, big :bighug for you and Loca! The fluids will make her feel better :nod

You know these older ladies are more fragile, even a wild child like Loca, but if your vet thinks she is getting better, go with that! This up and down crap will wear you out, for sure, so try to force yourself to rest and eat, even if you think you can't.

:candle

ugh. vet wants to keep Loca overnight as she's still not eating. apparently she's on mega pain killers for her back, too. i hate this!

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg

Geez, Robin, I'm sorry to hear this. But as upsetting as it is, being kept overnight is not the end of the world--it means Loca is in good hands.

I hope Loca finds her appetite tonight.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)