Our New Chip Is Here..does Part Greyhound Count?

While we had no intention of adopting so soon after losing Lulu, I believe Lu had other intentions and had a paw in this. I met Tess at our adoption groups Expo in April, and well....just cannot explain why....but she's got a new home with us now.

Tess' Mom is a Greyhound, and her dad is a Borzoi/Wolfhound. From a distance where you cannot see the hairs on her lower back and haunches, she looks like a Grey wearing a fur wrap around her shoulders. Tess turned a year old in January, and looks like it will be a good fit for Kare Bear who has been missing Lulu terribly.

tess1_-_resized.JPG

tess_-_resized.JPG

tess2_-_resized.JPG

Edited by gryhnd_adoptee

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Lord, that is one CUTE baby! I would LOVE a greyhound/wolfhound or deerhound cross someday! Those fuzzy faces just melt my heart.

Congrats!!!

Laurie

**& Angels Emily, Beatrice, Okie, Rhemus ,Vixen, and Rose-always in my heart**

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Ekko says you bet it counts :lol She's 1/2 Grey and 1/2 IW

I had been admiring Ekko from the first day I saw her pics here. She never fails to steal my breath away. Who would have thought we would have one much like her...and totally without intent!

Sooo cute! I want to give scritchies to that fuzzy butt! :wub:

She makes me think a bit of a greyhound who's turned into a (very sweet) werewolf! :colgate

I hope you'll post LOTS more pictures of her!

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Oh my gosh what an absolute cutie! She's adorable and I love her fur shawl and what a mischievous face! Congratultions!! :confetti

Oh Lord, that is one CUTE baby! I would LOVE a greyhound/wolfhound or deerhound cross someday! Those fuzzy faces just melt my heart.

I am right there with ya! I am in love with the GH/fuzzy hound breed crosses, like Ned and Ekko...and now Tess.

Congratulations, she is beautiful.

ETA: Taking a closer look at that second pic, she DOES look like a brindle GH wearing a Wolfhound shawl. :lol

Edited by BertnLil

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Ekko says you bet it counts :lol She's 1/2 Grey and 1/2 IW

I had been admiring Ekko from the first day I saw her pics here. She never fails to steal my breath away. Who would have thought we would have one much like her...and totally without intent!

Just be ready for when all the antics start :lol

Here's a clue, look into refrig and freezer locks :lol And Ekko turns 11 this year

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest PhillyPups

:wub: Beautiful girl there :wub:

I have to laugh when my friends nephew (about 7 years old at the time) knew my greyhounds, saw a IW and asked me why I shaved my dogs :rofl:rofl

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

O.M.G. She is gorgeous!! I love me some fuzzy greys!! I will pick my jaw up off the floor now...

You bet it counts! My girl is a Grey/Whippy

Congratulations!! What a beauty she is! :wub: Our group takes in lots of "fuzzies" but I've never seen one with that sort of hair pattern......the hair around the upper part of her body DOES look like a fur wrap!! :lol:lol

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

:wub: What a cutie! She certainly has very interesting hair...bet you could fashion a pretty cool mohawk for Halloween :)

Congratulations...she's adorable!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest mike

I've seen all sorts of mixes in my practice but this is an amazing looking dog. really brought a smile to my face. Enjoy your new companion.

She's stunning! Love those fuzz-faced houndies. :wub: Congrats on adopting Tess. :confetti

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest KyGrey

Be still my heart! :wub:

I've got a grey/plott hound mix and I have been told he counts but he's not all warm and fuzzy like Ekko and Tess!!

Be still my heart! :wub:

I've got a grey/plott hound mix and I have been told he counts but he's not all warm and fuzzy like Ekko and Tess!!

He still counts as adorable though! Those big floppy earsies :wub: It's just more surface area to rub!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Exquiste! Congrats.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project