Hi From Louise And Bea In The Uk!

Guest Bea

Guest Bea

Hello,

I've been sneaking around here on the forum for a couple of months, it's so great to have a place with so many people who are into greyhounds and know a lot about them. :colgate I'm quite shy though, so haven't really dared to take the plunge to actually write something until now.

Anyway, as you probably can guess I have a greyhound. She is a gorgeous black bitch with white paws that my bf and I adopted last September. I fell in love with her when we want to have a look at the greyhounds in the kennel. She was so gentle and kind, followed us wherever we went and seemed very relaxed. So we decided that she'd be a great first dog for us, she came home with us a couple of weeks later and we've never regretted it. :blush

Her racing name was Alder's Beauty, and the kennel staff called her Beauty, so we decided to stick with the theme and called her Bea. She's such a lovely dog, very laid-back and prefers to spend most of her days sleeping on the sofa. Apart from some separation anxiety, which we are still working thorugh, we haven't had any problems whatsoever with her - our next-door neighbour didn't even realised that we had a dog until after three months because she's so quiet in the flat! That said, she does go absolutely crazy if she sees a fox!

Well, that's about it. :rolleyes: I just wanted to introduce us and hope that we can learn a lot from all you guys, and maybe even contribute a bit ourselves... Oh, and I'm sorry if my English is a bit weird sometimes, I come from Sweden and haven't quite learnt the English language fluently.

Guest fatesrelease

Welcome to the forum! My name is Christine and I'm from Maine! We have a black female as well, and her name is Sarah! :D Your English is great by the way!

Guest Sandy

Hi fellow Briton! Where abouts do you live? Post some pics of Bea please! You say she is quiet but has a bit of seperation anxiety, what form does this take?

Guest Bea

Wow, replies so soon! I’ve been trying to figure out how to post pictures ever since posting the introduction but I’m not all that technical and it doesn’t seem to work. I’ll make the bf have a look at it when he comes home, but I’ll link to my Bea facebook album for now. It’s here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7422...mp;l=7b742615bb

Guest Bea
Hi fellow Briton! Where abouts do you live? Post some pics of Bea please! You say she is quiet but has a bit of seperation anxiety, what form does this take?

Hi there, we live in Ealing, West London, so we’re city people. Bea used to race at Walthamstow. Where do you live?

The only way that she ever shows that she’s distressed is by whining, we’re fortunate that she doesn’t tear stuff up or relieve herself in the house. When we first got her, I spent a few weeks teaching her to be alone because she really seemed to struggle with it (she would follow us from room to room and would whine and pace if even one of us left). So I walked in and out of the door a lot, and gradually worked it up to her being alone for half an hour without whining (I left a recording thingy on in the flat).

Then I had to go back to work and so the training came to a bit of a sudden halt which I don’t think was all that great, but she seemed to be alrightish . She then had a few days a couple of months back when she suddenly started whining loads when we left (which is when the neighbours noticed her) which absolutely broke my heart when I recorded her. But she then seemed to calm down again.

She seems to be alright as long as she’s been for a tiring walk, been fed, has a bone to chew on and we don’t leave at the same time. But I don’t really dare to leave her alone in the evenings anyway now, because I really, really don’t want to upset the neighbours. We live in rented accommodation, and it would be a disaster if we had to move out. So I suppose now it is mostly my worrying that is the biggest problem, because I can’t relax when we leave her alone because I don’t trust that she’s comfortable and feels safe. Really, she’s doing a lot better than when we first got her, but I worry that she will relapse.

(I’ve posted a link to my facebook album of Bea since I couldn’t figure out how to post pictures, but got a message saying that a moderator would look at the message so not sure that was allowed)

I’ll try posting the link to my Bea album again:

I’ll try posting the link to my Bea album again:

Guest Bea
Welcome to the forum! My name is Christine and I'm from Maine! We have a black female as well, and her name is Sarah! :D Your English is great by the way!

Thank you! Haha, black females are the best, aren’t they? :colgate Sarah is so pretty! How long have you had her?

Greetings from Gainesville, Florida!

:welcome2

Bea is gorgeous!!!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

WELCOME FROM

miami-4.jpg

BTW Your girl is beautiful!

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

:welcome Louise & Bea!

Bea certainly does live up to her name :wub: Have you explained the situation to the neighbours as they might then be more likely to talk to you about any problems than the landlord/council. I hope you can get the SA sorted as I'm sure you could do with the odd night out :)

I think GT member Docsdoctor lives somewhere in London.

Jenn

(from Nottingham UK)

Guest Flysmom

Welcome! Bea is beautiful! Your english is just fine, I am German and I always worry about my english also... :lol

Welcome, from another Londoner! (Doc and I are over in Battersea). Bea's a pretty girl!

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Guest Bea

Thanks everyone! :colgate The people here seem to come from all over the place, cool! I think Bea would just about die if she lived in Miami, she's really not fond of warm weather at all.

We have talked to the neghbours and they seem fine so far. They are still really surprised that they've never heard Bea bark and in general I think that they'd expect her to be more of a trouble than she is. So yeah, we just keep taking it slowly and I'm quite confident me and the bf be able to go to the cinema some evening next month, which will be great. :inlove

Welcome from NJ USA! Bea is lovely, as is your English. :)

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.

Hello and Welcome to GreyTalk from Maine. :welcome2 Bea is beautiful and has the sweetest face. :wub: I look forward to hearing more about her.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

:welcome Hi and welcome from Southern California! Bea is a stunning girl! :wub: I love her white socks.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest charlyblair

Hi and Welcome,

Bea is a gorgeous girlie! Love the 4 white socks :wub::wub:

BTW you english is very fluent, I would never have noticed unless you mentioned it!