• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LindsaySF
His temp is 101.4.

Ok, that's normal.

Why do things always have to happen at night or on Sundays!!!

At least it's not a holiday. That's when my dogs choose to get sick!

Normal temp is good. Does his heartbeat seem faster than normal? Greyhound hearts beat fast anyway, it's weird.

Are his gums sticky and tacky, or nice and slimy? That will tell you if he's dehydrated more than the skin pinch test does.

How is he acting now? Has he eaten or drank anything else since you've been home? Maybe he was just having a low sugar episode. It's good that some gas came out, sometimes gas can be really painful.

I'm very sorry :(:grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest SoulsMom

What???? NO!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I'm reading this :weep:weep

No, no, no, no, this can't be right. Susan, you must be out of your mind. Please know we're here for you. ANYTHING we can do we will :grouphug

Edited by SoulsMom

Oh no - Susan, I am so sorry to see this. I can't believe that Alan is gone. My heart goes out to you and I just wish I could help in some way. :grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Oh no. {{{{{{{{{{Susan}}}}}}}}}}

Godspeed, sweetest boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh no not Alan! Oh Susan I am so sorry. :(

I know of several dogs that had hemangiosarcoma and they left in the blink of an eye. There was nothing you could have done. Alan knows how much you loved him.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Susan, I am so very very sorry. :bighug to you. I know there are no words, but know you are in our prayers and thoughts.

Run with the angels sweet Alan, you are with some of the very very best ~