She's Here!

Guest fatesrelease

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fatesrelease

PrarieProf: She did very well! She only barked once the entire day! Mommy is proud! Let's see if we can do this again tomorrw when I have my class, haha. (So do I :D :D)

ArtsyPeople: I pmed you a few days ago, did you get it? Hehe, yep! Everything is going great so far!

Just checking in! Hope Sarah is doing well!! I can't wait to meet her! :heart:)

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest fatesrelease

Kerry: Hi! Sarah is doing very well! She's almost got the stairs. She HAS the going up, but is still sometimes struggling with the down, but that's normal. Poopy is an every walk occurence now. And she let me clean her ears for the first time yesterday! Still not sure about the brushing of the teeth, but that's ok...we'll work on it. And she had her first day alone alone, and did so well! I'm a proud mom!

Guest Morgaynn

First Congratulations. She's stunning.

Second, it sounds like things are going well. Alone training is probably one of the hardest things to go through. It sounds like you have a great support system through your group and here on GT.

Once she gets her routine figured out she probably won't poo so much. It took Nike a few weeks to get adjusted and now we only have two poops a day. Mostly its probably nerves settling into the new surroundings. I hope you have a lot of bags handy for now.

Stairs are a hoot around here. Nike gets up 'em like her tail was on fire and her rump was catching. Coming down she looks like a shark.. She SWIMS (we call it sharking) down the stairs. She'll get her body as low to the ground as she can and propel herself forward with her front paws down the steps, pushing with the back feet. She's gotten pretty quick at sharking down the stairs. I'll have to get video of it sometime. Nike's been here 8 months and still does the shark bit. I guess that's just how she feels safest. (Although I still can't get her to come down into the basement-it's weird)

Glad to hear things are going smoothly though :) Congratz again, and Happy Belated Birthday.

Guest fatesrelease

Morgaynn: Thank you so much! They are! She’s doing really well. I have to leave again to go to class tonight, so we’ll see how she does on her second day alone. Yes, I have some really great people around me helping me!

She actually didn’t poop at all for the first couple days, and now she goes max three times a day.

She’s REALLY good about going up the stairs, and she’s doing much better going down them but she gets scared and her nose runs. L Poor sweetie.

Thank you so so much!

HappyHarleysMom: Thank you! Yes, she’s great! :D I’m glad I was able to keep part of her racing name.

IrskasMom: Hehe, I am so happy! She really is!

Dawn: Thank you sooo much! :D :D Yay!

Guest greytgrandma
:yay Welcome Home Sarah!! She is such a pretty girl. Im looking forward to her adventures and lots of :digicam of your sweet new girlie :confetti :confetti :wub:

Guest CaseynovasMom

She is BEAUTIFUL. :) The black ones really are stunning. Congrats on your new addition!! Can't wait to see more photos. :o) Welcome Sarah!!

Guest fatesrelease

LindsaySF: Thank you!!! Will be taking more pictures! It's just hard to on the weekend because that's when I work, but I'll try my best!

PRairieProf: Hehehe, I will! It's just harder since I have work on the weekend, but I'll do my best!

Guest ArtysPeople
ArtsyPeople: I pmed you a few days ago, did you get it? Hehe, yep! Everything is going great so far!

I got it, I've just been having the month from heck and haven't had time to breathe practically. It sounds like you're getting good advice and I'm glad it's working for you. As for whether you and Sarah are a good "match" -- I think you know the answer to that yourself by now! :wub: It's so rewarding to see dogs like her get the home we know they deserve.

Guest fatesrelease

ArtsyPeople: Oh no! I am so sorry! I hope it gets better soon. Hehe, yes :D :D I do. And yes, it is! I love seeing the happy stories on the forum and I'm glad I could be a part of it.