• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fatesrelease

Heidismum: Thank you so much! I really think so too, but maybe I am biased :P

Greytkidsmom: Thank you so much! Yes, I am excited :D

Mycutie: Thank you!!!

Greyhound1: Thank you so much!

PrairieProf: Thank you! She really is! I promise to take more. She really is! I’m so proud of her. We’ve been working on some alone training, and so far she’s doing very well. I remember when you got her! I was so excited for you!

I hope it will. I think so as well, but I have to nip it in the bud now before she thinks it’s ok. She loves her Kong and PB! That’s for sure! I need more than one Kong I’ve quickly realized haha.

Cbudshome: Thank you so much!!!

Unrulyhounds: Hehe I promise after we do some more alone training and everything is settled there will be more pics. I just don’t want to baby her right now and be like ohm let mommy take your picture even though I really want to :P

CDNgreys: Thank you! I think so too! Best birthday I’ve ever had!

Greythoundpoet: Thank you so much!

Pipi5: Thank you! Me too! :D :D

widowcali: Most likely. I think she’s just nervous. She ate at night but didn’t eat this morning, so I think that’s it. She started to have gas and I was giggling. It was too funny! :P Yep, got the whole PB Kong thing, she loves that…and we also have a radio right next to the crate for her. Jonathan and I are going to write down our schedule now so we can start focusing on it so she knows what will be going on. First day wasn’t…but we’ll get much better I’m sure. Thank you!

Greytful4: Thank you! I hope so! Thank you again! :D

Snakes: Yes, our landlord knows we were going for our appointment yesterday. It’s a good idea! Thanks for the advice. I really care about our neighbors!

Honeysmom: Thank you so much!!! :D :D

Abbygirl: Thank you! She actually isn’t very big at all. Jonathan thinks she weighs about 50 lbs, but we haven’t had our vet visit yet so we’ll see!

Greytluck: Thank you so much! I think so too :D

RobinM: Thank you so much. I hope you are doing well. Thinking of you! Thanks again.

Greytfostermom: Thank you! I do too!

Greytpups: Yes, I plan to do so after she gets a little bit more comfortable around the house. She still hasn’t walked around on her own yet because of the cats. Yep, my cat Liesel is just very curious and Meiko is scared, so we are taking it slow. She did fine with the cat testing, she was actually scared of the cat, and she hasn’t bothered the cats so far, but we are making sure. Since she’s my first grey I’m just going with the advice of the adoption group. They are really supportive and helpful! I am so appreciative of them. I’d rather be safe then sorry! And thank you. I think she is too! :D

Rocketdog: Thanks so much! I picked the hot pink one because when I met her she had an older hot pink collar on and I thought it looked good on her so they gave me a new hot pink collar and leash. It just looks striking against her black fur!

Lovemyjoseybean: Thank you so much!!! :D

isntitgreyt: Thank you!!

Greyt2love: Thank you! I love her name too. She really is a Sarah. I like it too because it’s not straying from her racing name and her mothers name which was Saratoga. Thank you thank you!

ss556: Thank you!!!

Edited by fatesrelease

Guest ArtysPeople

I was about to PM you and ask who you brought home. :D Sarah really is a sweetheart, and I hope things work out. Mary and Scott are both very knowledgeable, so if you continue to have issues be sure to communicate with them! You also might want to start a thread over in the behavioral section or do a search if you can't come up with other things to do. Fingers crossed that she's just figuring things out and will calm down on her own soon. :goodluck

She's very pretty. I love the black dogs.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Guest fatesrelease

Ckruzan: Thank you so much! :D :D

Spencers___Greyt: Thank you so much!

Artsypeople: I pmed you anways haha. Check your message! Thank you! Yes she is, and yes they are! Fingers crossed!

Nancy14: Thank you! So do I!

Guest twhitehouse

Congrats!! :yay:confetti She's very pretty. She sounds like a sweetheart. Glad you got a girl...Lexi needs some other girls around at the playgroup. ;)

Guest fatesrelease

Flysmom:Thank you so much!

Twhitehouse: Yay, yes she really is. She's just got upset tummy right now. She's laying on her big bed and dreaming about running after something. Everytime she runs it's like gas comes pouring out! Stinky butt. :P I'll try my best to come to group...it's so hard though because it's on the weekend and I work weekends. :(

MandysMom: Thank you!!!! :D

Congratulations!! Sarah is a beauty!

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest fatesrelease

greypuppyluv: Thank you so much!

scullysmum: Thank you! I'm sure there will be many! She's quite the character.

Billie: Thank you! She really is! Me too :D

Guest twhitehouse
Twhitehouse: Yay, yes she really is. She's just got upset tummy right now. She's laying on her big bed and dreaming about running after something. Everytime she runs it's like gas comes pouring out! Stinky butt. :P I'll try my best to come to group...it's so hard though because it's on the weekend and I work weekends. :(

If you ever want to get together on a weekday to let Sarah and Lexi run together at the ballpark that would be fine! That way she can have some fun if you can't make it to the meetups. We can usually go anytime after 5:15pm on a weeknight. Just e-mail me earlier that day if you want to plan on going. I'll PM you my e-mail address. :)

How did I miss this?!?!?! CONGRATULATIONS! Welcome to the wonderful, yet neurotic, world of greyhound ownership. :D Fun, fun!!! Sarah is beautiful. Shanti was just under 2 when we got her. She howled like crazy for the first several days then she settled in. I used a DAP with her and it worked wonders. My neighbors kept me updated on her howling progress. ;) We laughed...it just did not occur to us HOUND. :P

Keep the pictures coming. You are about to have so many firsts!!!

The Girls

Guest fatesrelease

ShantisMom: Thank you! This will be her first day with me actually having to go to work. I'm sad, I don't want to leave her here, but at the same time we've been working on alone training so she's been in her crate for a majority of the time she's been here anyways. I can't wait to come home to her though! Yes, I'm hoping she doesn't howl too much today. :P

Irskasmom: Hehe, yes! Thank you :D Yes it is!!!!

Good luck! I'm eager to hear how she does. I was a basket case the first time I left Beth for an extended period (even though it was just 3-4 hours to teach my classes), but she was fine, so I hope Sarah is too.

(I like it that we both have hounds with girlie names! :) )

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad