There'll Never Be Another Like Her

Guest Gary

My butterbean died this morning at 6:00. Tina and I are in shock. About two months ago our nearly 12 year old Cheyenne started limping. It was her right front leg, so the vet xrayed her, but couldn't see anything more than just normal wear and tear of an 11 year old. She played hard with our two Whippets, so we figured she'd hurt it playing. A couple of weeks passed and she didn't show any signs of improvement, so we took her to another vet we use for some of our other dogs. Her right front shoulder had atrophied, and when xrayed again, it still didn't show anything structurally wrong. Or didn't it? The doctor, obviously thinking something was wrong sent us to Auburn University's School of Veterinary Medicine, where, after another xray, and comparing it to the xray from six days earlier, they suspected bone cancer. After initial shock and some very hard thinking we okayed them removing her right front leg and shoulder. Folks, that was one of the hardest things we have ever done. Trouble is, it didn't get any easier. After we got her home and she'd caught on to walking on three legs, she began chemo. She never recovered from a bad reaction to her first chemo treatment. She kept going downhill all this past week, and the vet called this morning to tell us she had died.

Cheyenne's one of those dogs you never forget. She had eyes of a deer, and could look straight into your heart. She was one of those who would climb up on our bed at night just to say good-night, then would jump down to her bed. She was one, when carried around other places, would automatically draw the oohs and ahhs from everyone. One thing's for sure, as time passes and all my everyday problems are gone and forgotten, she will always stay with me. For some reason I call her my butterbean. Cheyenne I love you. Your mother and I will miss you for the rest of our life. You will never be forgotten.

Gary

I am so sorry. She knew she was loved, try to remember that, and you gave her all that you could. Cheyenne is running pain free at the Bridge with all who had gone before her.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Gary,

I am just so sorry for you and your family. I wish that there was something I could say or do to help you. In time...sweet memories will start to replace some of that horrible pain in your hearts. Know that Butterbean is now running pain free with all of our Angels watching from the Bridge.

Godspeed Butterbean. :f_red:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest cindysmom

Bless your hearts, Gary and family. It sounds like Ms. Butterbean (Cheyenne) had such a wonderful home and life with you. What a gift you and she gave each other! Thinking of you in these sorrowful times. Take care.

:bighug

I do so feel for you. You know you did absolutely the right thing by her, and yet she died and you couldn't prevent it. She knew she was loved and she loved you, try to hold on to that and don't let feelings of guilt torture you (I don't say that because I think there's any reason for you to feel any guilt - there isn't - but because inevitably it does come with grief, especially if you've had to make a big decision as you did). You took the best advice, you made the best decision you could and no-one could have done more than that.

Her body has gone, but her spirit will live on. Bless her dear heart.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

My condolences to you and your family for the passing of your sweet baby girl. She will always live in your heart. :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest CannonsMom

i really have to stop reading these.....im here at work, with eyes filled with tears........im so sorry for your loss.

run free butterbean........

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing her story. :(

:f_red

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Gary, I am very sorry for your loss. It is never an easy thing when our beloved companions pass on but we must remember that they touched our hearts in many ways and that we'll never forget. You gave Cheyenne a safe and loving home for which she will be forever greatful. May she run pain free across the Bridge with the rest of our loved ones. :grouphug:angelwings

tn_greyhound002.gif

Willow & Trace

Butch (11/94 - 7/16/08) Hayley (11/96 - 1/13/09) Merlin (11/12/95 - 5/29/09)

GPA - Central New Hampshire

My sympathy to you and your family.

Your butterbean sounds like a truly special girl who was deeply loved. I'm sorry she had to leave you.

Godspeed, Cheyenne.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Lisa_n_Dusty

Gary, I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to bear the pain when you must watch them go down hill. I hope Cheyenne will send you another just like her to love.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. The loss of a fur kid is always so hard... Its true there will never be another like Cheyenne, but Cheyenne will send you another unforgetable babe when she see's that its time...Cheyenne knows that time heals all wounds. She is running pain free at the bridge with all the grey brothers and sisters that passed on before her.

Give Pooh a kiss for me Cheyenne...Run free....

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

My deepest sympathy to you on the loss of your little Butterbean. Godspeed little one... you will find many friends waiting at the Bridge. :bighug

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY