Need Help

Just sent you a PM. Our home is open to you and Pave. I run down to OSU everyweek with Leeanna and her chemo anyway. We'll help you do this.

I knew there'd be an offer from you as soon as you saw this. You are an angel.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have been absolutely more than willing to help you out, Patti! But, we live 2 hours away from Columbus, whereas Suzy lives 2 minutes away from OSU(well, maybe a little but longer but after a 2 hour drive it seems like Suzy is only 2 minutes away :rolleyes: )

Suzy, you rock!

I am still here if I can help in any way possible, even if I am 2 hours away! Our next trip to OSU is not for another 3 weeks.

Praying for your girlie, Patti! Dr. Couto and his staff and Students take most excellent care of the greyhounds and if you did need to leave her there for any amount of time... I wouldn't think twice about it, they give the greyhounds extra special attention ;)

Suzie Collins

Owner/Artist Skinny Hound Designs

Greyhound decals, magnets and signs.

Fur kids: Isabelle and Petey

Thanks everyone. :grouphug Have been talking back and forth today with Dr. Couto and Dr. Jennifer. I am taking Pav EARLY Tuesday morning...we'll leave by 3:00am. They will stage her while I am there...I guess this involves chest films...abdominal ultrasound and aspirates of her lymph nodes. If she is grade 1 or 2...she will have surgery Wednesday...If she is grade 3 or 4 we come back home. :( I have to make the trip both ways in one day...very nervous! It's about 7 hours each way. Dr. Couto said she will have to stay in the hospital for at least 2-3 days post op due to the potential for bleeding. I know she will be in good hands if we proceed...but I can't help but be scared. :grouphug The good news is I know Pav will be fine...she has never met a stranger and she is not scared in a clinical setting probably due to the 6 months she spent with Dr. Jennifer...One 3 month period with a very serious mastitis...and then another 3 month period when she had a bad muscle injury. Thanks again all...:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest dwolfe711

Oh Patti - I''m just reading about Pave' - I'm so sorry you are going through this again. I understand that you want her with Dr.Cuoto at OSU - I hope this all works out and she is home with you getting well soon. Thanks to all who have offered to help - if we were close, we'd be helping in any way we could. Hugs to you all from here :bighug

Donna

Did Dr. Jennifer or a colleague of hers handle Pave's leg repair and her spay? If there were no particular complications during those surgeries, I'd be inclined to have a trusted vet here do it. Less stressful on both of you.

I was thinking the same thing, why do you have to take her to Dr. Couto, why can't your own vet do the surgery?

I would have my own vet do the surgery, Dr Jennifer knows you & your dog better, and at least you can be at the vet's office & wait during surgery.

PS If you were coming south, you could stay with me & I'd take off work & sit with you.

I am praying that it's in the very early stages and they can remove the cancer! :hope:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle

We will continue to send many prayers and big hugs Pave's and your way!!!! :hope:bighug:hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Just sent you a PM. Our home is open to you and Pave. I run down to OSU everyweek with Leeanna and her chemo anyway. We'll help you do this.

*leak*

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I was thinking the same thing, why do you have to take her to Dr. Couto, why can't your own vet do the surgery?

I would have my own vet do the surgery, Dr Jennifer knows you & your dog better, and at least you can be at the vet's office & wait during surgery.

Thanks everyone. The fear is if they have to go through the abdominal muscle bleeding could be great. Yes...that acid is the medication they are speaking of. No Dr. Jennifer did not do Pav's spay or leg fracture. They have to do an abdominal ultrasound also to check all of her lymph nodes before they can do surgery.

I think at this point Patti is opting for experience over convenience.

Sending lots of prayers. We need someone to GUR you & Pave Marie!

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Greyhound people rock! I just had to say that and get it out of the way.

Patti, you and your whole family are in my prayers. More prayers going out from me to you.

Greyhound people rock! I just had to say that and get it out of the way.

Patti, you and your whole family are in my prayers. More prayers going out from me to you.

Ditto!!

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

I was going to PM you and ask, you saved me the trouble. Although that doesn't surprise me at all, thank you.

I wouldn't hesitate to do this Patti, you can't beat having the best do this. Anything that increases her chances is good by me.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Packmom is the BEST! Prayers going out constantly for the beautiful Pave' Maria and her Mom! Clean margins! No bleeders! Clean margins! No bleeders! Clean margins! No bleeders! Clean margins! No bleeders!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Prayers for Pave and her mom, and thanks Packmom for helping out.

Patty, you and Fred are such great parents for continuing to adopt and care for these precious seniors.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Just know that you're tucked in our prayers. Safe journey and we'll have the candle lit for the very best on Tuesday.

:candle

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Thanks everyone. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

Guest vahoundlover
Just know that you're tucked in our prayers. Safe journey and we'll have the candle lit for the very best on Tuesday.

:candle

Here too :grouphug:candle

Thanks everyone...going to bed at 8 and getting up at 2...leaving by 2:45 am. Sure hope I can sleep...I am as nervous as can be driving in unknown territory and in the dark. Thank you again for all the prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

I just want to add my good wishes and hopes for a safe journey and successful treatment for Pave. You will have many people praying for your beautiful girl. And a thank you to Packmom for her generosity. GreyTalkers are the best!

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy