Flippydoodles Needs Prayers

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best wishes for uneventful surgery to you and Flippy...

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest wmlcml6

Dear Flippy. I really hope you are being strong and recovering from that nasty anesthesia with no problems. I will see you at Sandy Paws, pretty girl.

I hope Janet (foxysmom) won't mind me posting the substance of a phone call she got from Denise:

I just got off the phone with Denise, they are still an hour away from home.

Flippy had the tumor removed, but the vet was unable to remove all of it as it's deeply embedded. He told Denise that it looks like a nerve sheath tomor. I'm praying he's wrong. I've already told Denise that when she gets the pathology report back, to send everything to OSU for a second opinion.

Flippy is out of it Denise said, so she's having a sleep while Denise drives.

Everyone keep praying.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

We're home!!! What a long day! I had to stop twice on the way home to hold Flippy and wrap her in a blanket because she started shivering really bad. I thought I might need to turn around and go back to the vet, but she stopped shaking after I held her and got her tucked into a nice big blanket. She's doing much better now and is happy to be home, and just peed a lake in my office. :blink:

Flippy was suppose to have her surgery this morning, but there was an emergency so the vet didn't get to her until this afternoon. He wasn't able to remove all the tumor and he thinks it's soft tissue sarcoma and/or nerve sheath tumor, but he's been wrong before when it comes to tumors...he's an excellent surgeon...but not so good with diagnosing tumors. The biopsy results will be back Fri. and we'll know more then. I'm praying it's benign!

Ok, gotta go love on some houndies and give Warlock some dinner. He went with us for his annual visit and I've been concerned about him because he's losing weight. All his blood work came back perfect and the vet gave me some high nutrition supplements to see if they'll help, and we'll weigh him in a month. Warlock is almost 10 and the old man of the pack. Flippy got a lot of comfort from him at the vet's office, when she was feeling a little scared. She would tuck her head under him for security and he just stood there calmly for her. He's a gentle old soul and all the dogs are calmed by his presence.

Keep the prayers coming and thank you everyone.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

You know you have my prayers, thoughts and anything else I can send. Remember if you need anything at all, just let me know.

Hugs and love from all of us in the frozen north

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.