My Goghbaby....

Guest Heehoo

Sending my sympathy.

f_yellow:grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Hil, I am so sorry....you know there hasn't been a day since you told me of his diagnosis that I haven't thought of you and your sweet little boy together.....hugs and warmest wishes to you, you both were so lucky to have had each other, and we were lucky that you chose to share your baby boy with us too. Run free sweet Gogh :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Hilda, my god, I'm so sorry and stunned. What a year.....

You are a wonderful soul and your babies adore you. They will watch over you, and never, ever stop loving you.

God bless, babies, all of you.

Jackie, Bindi and Dazzle

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Oh handsome Gogh!!! :sad1 I'm so so sorry Hilda! :grouphug Sending you loads and loads of love from the Byrd house!

Godspeed handsome wiggly tailed Gogh!

I'm so sorry. I have tears in my eyes, reading this. It's so hard to watch them suffer when you know you can't fix them. :bighug :bighug :bighug

God saw him getting tired,

When a cure was not to be.

So He wrapped his arms around him,

and whispered, "Come to me".

He didn't deserve what he went through,

So He gave him rest.

God's garden must be beautiful,

He only takes the best

And when I saw him sleeping,

So peaceful and free from pain

I could not wish him back

To suffer that again.

I love this poem.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Aww...that is such a sweet poem. Its hard to read with tears.

I knew our time was limited...but he felt good, he wasn't suffering, he still wanted to play, he was eating good. Sunday night I could tell a difference & he had not whimpered near that much.

I could just tell....

:beatheart

Ya know, I have some sweet puppies...but I have to say this one was one of the sweetest. I got him when he was about 18 months old, he was so afraid of everyone. He never raced. As soon as he got home with me, it was like he knew he was safe.

He had a gorgeous face/head shape, muscular body...jet black with a white chest & little white "slippers" that went up the back of his paws. His coat was always shiney.

This morning when I woke up, I reached down to pat on his little muscular butt & it wasn't there. I still can't believe he's gone. :brokenheart

Guest TaraCoachCougar

How awful! Glad you had a few good weeks. I know I cherish the 5 weeks that deramaxx and tramadol gave us for a "normal" life. Hugs to you.

I wanted to thank everyone for their support & love during this time. I have to say I am amazed at the fact I can smile when I think of Gogh, this soon. I think its because I let him go at a good time. He was still "healthy" otherwise. He still wagged his tail, was still enjoying life. It was the pain I don't think he could understand. Unlike when Dear died, I was not in a panic state...

I still cry, several times a day because I miss him terribly. But I don't have any regrets. We had 5 good years together & I saw him go from a beautiful puppy to a handsome young man.

Hug your babies a lot.

f_yellow Very sorry to hear about your baby Gogh. I know how hard it is. He is free of pain now and at the Bridge with all of our hounds that have past f_yellow

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

I am just stricken to read that you have lost Gogh. My heart just broke for you last year when several other furry family members went to the bridge. I am just so very sorry. I admire your ability to smile and remember how much he added to your days. I am sure he is running free with all of his family and friends. Please take care.

Liz and Garth

Liz, the hardest part was his age. He was only 6 yrs old. He'd never done a bad thing in his life, he was always such a good boy. He was so muscular, shiney, had the prettiest white teefies. Obedient, shy, frightened...but brave enough to bark at strangers. He loved to play chase....and even though he couldn't walk on that leg, he'd go trotting 3 legged around the yard by himself thinking everyone was chasing him.

Banker & Jack stand at the door at night & wait for him to come out. :beatheart