Blood Blisters?

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Guest p51crazyhorse

Stepper has very little hair on his thighs, legs and belly, I noticed when we first brought him home that he had a few blood blisters. I scraped a few with my fingernail and got black thick blood from it, no pain for him of course and it really didnt bleed from the "hole" that remained... so all was good, they were gone, just a tiny scab to heal.... well they have all returned, even the really big one, it keeps filling back up with blood.... what are they? he has them all over. Three or so are about the size of a pencil eraser the rest are about a quarter of that size. Is this just a senior thing? He also has TONS of age spots. Is there something I should be worried about or just one of those "things" to get used to? He was also a blood donor for 6 years so I dont know if that has any effect on him in this way.

Guest p51crazyhorse

If they were blackheads they wouldnt have come back, the blood that comes out is black but still tinted red, you can tell it is blood. these are also purely on the top surface of the skin like a bubble....

Google hamartoma. Wally had several of those biopsied. Still worth a vet check to be on the safe side.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

My boy Marx has one on his rear leg. I had it drained and tested and it was not cancer. I suspected it was a hemartoma. It went a way for a while but has since returned. I keep watching and if it gets too big I'll take him in to have it drained and possibley consider having it removed.

Praying for all the missing greys!

Holly, that's what Wayne had on his lip and I thought it was a blood blister. Turned out it was a Plasmacytoma.

Vet removed it, got clean margins and path came back benign which most Plasmacytomas are

Have the vet look at them

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Sunny and Sophie have both had blood blisters that would turn into scabs, fall off and then reform repeatedly. I had them removed and they were cutaneous hemangiomas, benign tumours which if left can progress to the malignant form, cutaneous hemangiosarcoma.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Guest UnrulyHounds

Well we went to the vet yesterday for some followup shots and such and I had the vet take a look, he was not concerned with them unless they got significantly bigger or became infected. He said I could have the biger ones removed if I wanted to put Stepper thru that... I am not that worried about them now that they have been looked at. I will be keeping a eye on them though! thanks for all your info and suggestions, I feel better about them now that the vet has seen them.

Holly

So glad to hear that Stepper is doing well... I had to do a double take when I saw the siggie and the new name :) I like the new one.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Atlas and Echo each have a couple of those. My vet said the same thing.. monitor and if they grow, bring them in for removal.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.