Sammy

Guest mom2thunder

Guest mom2thunder

It is with great sadness that I have to say that Sammy is now going over to the rainbow bridge. I just got the call from my mother that Sammy has a huge tumor in his stomache that has metasized(sp??) to his chest. She is devasted. I hate cancer and all the good that it destroys.

Sammy was the best kids dog that there ever was. He loved kids and all the fun that they brought. When my daughter was little she used to ask Sammy Do you want a beer?/ Sammy want a beer(no he never got one family joke) He would get so excited when she said that he would run around in circles and everyone would collapse from laughing so hard. My daughter used to bury him in all of her toys and he would lay there and never move until he knew that she was done piling them on top of him and then he would leap up and pick out her favorite toy and run around with it with her trailing him yelling for him to give her back her favorite toy.(they were playing this happened almost everyday)

Sammy was a big boy and when my daughter was little they saw eye to eye and she told everyone that she had her own pony.

When her grandmother moved from NJ to CA My daughter was sad that she was losing her boy but as often as she could she went to visit him She would call her grandmother and yell over the answering machine Sammy want a beer and Sammy would go nuts know that it was her on the phone.

She knows that Sammy was getting up there in years so she started to save all her money so that this year she could go to see Sammy before it was loo late. I do not have the heart to tell her that she is too late to see him. This was her heart dog and I know that this will extremely upset her.

I know that I am rambling but please pray for Sammy, that his trip to the bridge is easy and that he is greeted by many of his friends that will show him the way

Good Night my Sammy I love you and will miss you and so will Jaclyn

I'm so sorry.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

I am so sorry.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us, everyday, of those we love.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry for your loss.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Kids and dogs, dogs and kids. What an unbeatable combination. I am so sorry for your loss. I will pray that Jaclyn can remember the good times she had with Sammy and let those memories comfort her.

:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I am so sorry. Run free at the Bridge sweetheart. My deepest sympathy. :grouphugf_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry. :cry1 My sympathies to your Mom and your daughter.

Godspeed Sammy.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry. He sounds like a wonderful boy - and not all dogs are great kids' dogs, as he was. He had the understanding that kids were 'puppies', by the sound of it, and maybe there was quite a bit of the puppy in him still, too.

May his trip be a quiet and peaceful one. I know your daughter will be so upset - it was hard telling our sons that Jack had gone - but she will understand that Sammy has to leave. She won't want him to suffer, and she certainly has a huge stock of good memories to support her.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Godspeed, sweet boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest vahoundlover

I am so sorry. I hope the memories your daughter and Sammy made together will help heal her broken heart.

Godspeed Sammy, you are now with some of the very best. :f_red

I am so sorry. :(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project