Frothy Pink Vomit

It'ls about 8:45pm here. Lottie has not eaten this evening and has just vomited pink frothy vomit with little specks of what looks like blood. I am about to ring the vet (thankfully our surgery is 24hrs) but I just wondered if there's anything anyone can suggest. Sheesh what a birthday present.

I used to think Dara O'Briain was funny. Now I know better.

I've spoken to the vet. Could be a tummy bug. Being sick can cause blood minor blood vessels to burst giving the pink colour to vomit. It could however be an ulcer. As this is the first time Lottie's been sick it's early days if it is an ulcer. They gave us the choice of coming in now or monitoring overnight. We have an appointment in the morning but if anything happens overnight we are to take her straight in. Thanks argolola and Burpdog, it's appreciated. Will let you know.

Edited by Plymgreys

Hope she's OK :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

We've just got back from the vet. They're keeping her overnight for obs and fluids as she's dehydrated and running a temp. They gave her 3 injections while we were with her and she's going to have some tablets when the injections have kicked in. I HATE leaving my dogs at the vets overnight. Fingers crossed for a quiet night and a good morning.

Edited by Plymgreys

more prayers coming your way! :hope:candle:hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Vet just rang. She hasn't been sick overnight and she's taken no fluid by mouth but she's been on a drip. They were just about to see if she would eat. Vet says her tummy is still very sore so they are keeping her in today for further obs and if no improvemnt further investigation. Vet (very nice girl) says she not unduly worried and that Lottie's just had a "bit of a bleed" which when I asked is slight ulcerration from an inflamed stomach lining which normally responds very well to the drugs Lottie's had. Ho hum. A dogless day. Don't know what to do now. Maybe I'll get the hoover out while Lottie's not here coz she hates the hoover.

Awwww, it's horrid when they are at the vets and even more horrid when you don't quite know what the problem is.

Today is definately the day for hoovering and doing boring dog bed washing and dog toy washing and all those other things which are vile :lol

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!