Unexplained/easy Bruising.

A friend of mine owns a grey who bruises really easily. She's 9yo and shows no other symptoms. She's not the most active dog but she has corns which hold her back and she was worked hard as a racer and broodie. To give you an idea she developed a bruise after being carried up the stairs. I'm sure I've read something on this forum somewhere about this. I've tried searching but I'm getting too many results because I can't remember enough about what I read to be specific. Can anyone make any suggestions please? It's in my head that it could be some sort of blood disorder that was being discussed, or a pooling of blood under the skin rather than damaged capillaries near the surface. Either way any suggestions about unusual suseptability to bruising in an otherwise ok dog would be appreciated (just so that we can tell the vet what's wrong when we get there!).

I used to think Dara O'Briain was funny. Now I know better.

Want to go to the vet promptly. Easy bruising can be an indicator of low platelets.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.