Ingrown Whisker

Guest Cris_M

Duncan has a boo boo.

About 10 days ago, I noticed that one of the dark spots that "mustache" whiskers grow out of was a bit large.

Now, it is larger, still dark, sore, and just the tiniest bit swollen. The swelling is something only a mom would notice. There is nothing on the inside of his mouth.

Has anybody dealt with anything that sounds like this? How did you treat it?

I will definitely be taking Duncan to the vet on Monday if I can't figure out what it is and how to deal with it. Still, I would like to know if there is anyone here has an idea how to deal with it.

Thanks.

Could be a wart, a "pimple," a foreign body. What'd I'd personally do is warm compresses a few times a day and see if it comes to a head (like a pimple would) or starts to drain. I would get it checked, however, because there are also lots of WORSE things that could form on the face.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Thanks, George.

Yeah, it's one of those WORSE :( things that has me concerned. And, I don't want him to be sore, either. Or, have his pretty face changed. :lol Okay, I really don't care about that last one as long as he's okay.

Now, I just have to see how he feels about warm compresses.