Rhemus Having Dental/laryngoscopy Today

laurie

My little man Rhem is having his teeth done today, along with back and hip xrays (trying to figure out why he's gotten so weak in the back end). He's also being checked for laryngeal paralysis. His blood work a couple weeks ago came back pretty good, nothing really out of whack. He did have some protein and I think glucose in his urine, which they'll recheck today.

He's 12, and last time he had general anesthesia (2 years ago) he felt horrible for a couple days. Just keep him in your good thoughts today, please!

:blush

Laurie

**& Angels Emily, Beatrice, Okie, Rhemus ,Vixen, and Rose-always in my heart**

Prayers going out to Rhemus! :hope

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Spencers_Greyt

I'm keeping Rhemus in my thoughts today that he comes out okay from his dental. Spencer's dental in 2007 was bad as he didn't come out of it very well, but last year's dental he was just fine so I'm sure Rhemus will be fine too! Ask them to give him extra fluids to wash out the anesthesia faster. Also, let us know what the x-rays show.

Grrrr, vet never did call. I finally called them. Evidently he (the vet) got sick and left suddenly.

Anyway, Rhem is fine. Xrays look okay. One tooth had to come out. He's walked and peed and I'm picking him up @ 4. The tech didn't know what the scope showed so I will try to get an answer when I pick him up.

Thanks for the prayers!!

Laurie

The first night was rough--he couldn't settle and would just stand there and pant unless I laid down with him, which I was more than happy to do. He got an hour long massage, and now I NEED an hour long massage. :lol

He seems pretty much back to himself this morning, thankfully. Still a little wobbly but he's eating and drinking and wagging his tail, and even had his stuffed pig in his mouth this morning, which is a good sign.

And it turns out the laryngoscopy wasn't done for some reason which is not clear to me. No one can give me an answer, and I am not happy. One of the vets got sick and left suddenly, and things may have gotten chaotic from that point on, but still. So now I'm not sure when that will get done. They don't do full anesthesia for that, but I'm not anxious to give him anything any time soon.

Laurie

Guest jerrybird

Aaah poor boy! Maybe he will have perked up by the days end. I'm glad he's eating and drinking for you. There is a lot of sudden sickness' going around. Hope your vet is better too!