Darcy's Dental Is Booked, Along With The Chest X-rays

Bevd

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding my good wishes to the others for Darcy to have a wonderful X-ray report!

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Thanks - we dropped her off this morning and I'm waiting for a call from the vets but I'm not expecting it to be for another couple of hours or so. We had to get a taxi to collect us from the top of our street because we can't move our car (due to snow). That was fun :rolleyes:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Vet has phoned.

I can't say that we have a perfectly clear, but we got the next best thing which is a few very very small (3mmm) areas of stuff which could be calcification (so Helen the vet said). She said "I can tell you that she's not got a chest full of tumours and is not about to turn her toes up" :D

I asked - if she had just found a bone tumour in a dogs leg and then done these x-rays, would she be concerned enough by what she saw on the chest x-rays to not go ahead with an amputation and she said no, she'd still be happy to do an amputation with what she saw on those chest films.

She also said that we have to remember that she's looking at these x-rays with the knowledge that Darcy HAS had a nasty cancer in the past but if she was looking at them without that knowledge she would not be overly concerned by what she saw.

She said she'd show me the x rays when we go in (what that'll achieve, I'm not sure :rolleyes::lol) and we'll discuss more then - so I'll fill you in again once Darcy is home.

Oh and Helen is now doing Darcy's teef so she will have a smile to match ours :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Good news so far!

Hoping somebody just sneezed on the film is all.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Now they've phoned again to inform me that she needs 2 teeth out :rolleyes:

Am I so scary that they need to phone to ask me if thats OK? (Which is what she asked) :lol

Flamin' nora - they've just told me that 15.5 months after they diagnosed my dog with a deadly cancer (which invariably spreads to lungs), she's got 99% pretty looking lungs and now they have to ask if they can take 2 teefs out when she's there for a dental :unsure:lol

Wonderful news about Darcy's X-rays! :yay :yay :yay

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Can you imagine the face when she gets home :rolleyes:

1. We abandoned her at the vets

2. They gave her 'go to sleep' drops which have made her feel drunk

3. They stole two of her teeth so she now has two holes (which are of course, bigger and worsererer than any other dogs teeth holes in the history of dogs teeth holes)

4. We brought her home in a strangers car (taxi)

5. She had to walk down the road in the snow from the taxi to the house

6. The other dogs wanted to sniff her a lot

7. The pilot light has blown out and we can't make it light and so there's no central heating ( :o )

OMG. I may move out for a week till she gets over herself :lol

Guest EmbersDad

yaaay darcy! i knew you would be ok. now u can whistle me a tune when i visit u at the end of the month.

ETA...we WILL need pictures :lol

Edited by EmbersDad

Can you imagine the face when she gets home :rolleyes:

1. We abandoned her at the vets

2. They gave her 'go to sleep' drops which have made her feel drunk

3. They stole two of her teeth so she now has two holes (which are of course, bigger and worsererer than any other dogs teeth holes in the history of dogs teeth holes)

4. We brought her home in a strangers car (taxi)

5. She had to walk down the road in the snow from the taxi to the house

6. The other dogs wanted to sniff her a lot

7. The pilot light has blown out and we can't make it light and so there's no central heating ( :o )

OMG. I may move out for a week till she gets over herself :lol

Could we PLEASE PLEASE have a pic of the "Woe Is Me" Darcy?!?!?! Pretty please?!?!? :lol

And Tom - I'm VERY envious you get to visit the Doyle clan!! Please give Darcy the biggest hug ever from her auntie Jeannine!!! (And please hug Sprout too!!!) You can pat all the others from me too...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Dear Darcy. Your home is awful, your people treat you badly. Please come live with me, I know just how to treat princesses. :colgate:lol

Bev, I fear for your sanity for the next few days! WOE is Darcy!! :lol

I'm glad everything else went well. Ruby's at the vet today, too, for a nasty c-word checkup.

Nobody, but nobody, does "woe is me" better than Darcy . . . . and a Darcy with two teefs that have been stolen??? It doesn't bear thinking about!

We MUST have pictures--NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please?

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Guest vahoundlover

You are in for a L O N G spell of *Please forgive me sweetie, how about a bit of this, and a tad of that, oh and you MUST have some of this.* :lol

Some pics would be GREAT! :D

Guest Winslowsmom

Darcy, My Beloved!

Show them the stinkeye.. raise your eyebrow! Be sure to get plenty of treats! And BLANKETS!

Maybe you can come and live with me. When Tom is there, just hide in his suitcase.

I'll take good care of you. If your mouth is sore, you can have some canned food. I'll send my mom right out for soft treats.. We can soak your biskies in yogurt! I'm good at WOE too, so between us, we can run this place!

I'll take good care of you. ( You know, in my spare time, I'm practicing to be a nurse.)

You will always be booooootiful to me dear Darcy.. even without those teefs. :love2

Feel better soon!

Looooove , :wub:

Winslow.

Can you spell b-l-a-c-k-m-a-i-l????? Oooooooo! Quick! Order some roses! Have someone pluck all the petals and be prepared to sprinkle them on the path to the house! Have the taxi disguised as a carriage fit for The Queen! Is there a store close that carries cashmere throws? :lol:lol:lol I'm just trying to save you from Darcy's wrath! Did I forget anything? Oh, yes! Pictures are a must! Pricess Darcy and her court, if you please! Isn't it wonderful to be able to use a little humor? So glad that we have some good news to celebrate!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

First, Tom...I'm FedExing you my big purse for you to stow Sprout in for me...

Second, Darcy...bless your tooffies...its okay...for your teeth, toof fairies pay big dollar! Big dollar!!! They probably go higher than elephant tusk & rhino horns!

I'm just glad everything is okay...:beatheart

Edited by Pipi5

After seeing the vet this afternoon, I need to alter the statement that I made earlier about the level of 'clear' that we got from todays x-rays.

THE X-RAYS ARE IN FACT TOTALLY CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me explain :D

For some reason, my vet had a brain fart and it wasn't until later on in the day that she thought to compare todays x rays with those taken on the day of diagnosis :rolleyes: There's no point in me rolling my eyes around because I never thought of it either :o:lol

So - having compared todays x-rays with those taken on 16th October 2007 and 9th November 2007 - the bleddy things are exactly the same *insert whizzy dancing emoticon*.

I was also reminded that my original vet (now retired) did tell me that there had been tiny 'things' in the lungs on the day of diagnosis but he wasn't unduly concerned by them. I remember that now but I'd totally forgotten it for all these months (or blocked it out).

So the upshot is that Darcys lungs look just the same as they did fifteen and a half months ago.

Take THAT you evil beast ailment :yay:yay:yay