Howdy From Texas

Guest EmergencyOps

Guest EmergencyOps

Howdy.

My name is Mark, and I am from Kennedale, Texas. I am engaged to a beautiful young woman named Stephanie. She adopted a Border Collie/Whippet/? mix in December 2006, and both of these wonderful ladies have been a blessing in my life. Farrah Nuff is going through agility training right now, excelling in every aspect of it. We believe (and have been told by so many, including Whippet and Greyhound owners) that she appears to have Whippet in her...but she does have the coat and "wings" of a Collie. You can be the judge on that :colgate

I have been lurking around this forum and posting for maybe a month now, maybe two...posting mainly in the "Cute and Funny Things That Greyhounds Do" section (it's addicting to see all those handsome/sweetheart Greys). We do not have a Greyhound...yet. However, after we get married in May and find a place to live (somewhere in the Texas hillcountry), we will find ourselves a Grey playbuddy for Farrah. I have been doing some extensive homework, reading up on Greyhounds and their needs. I have been to two Meet-and-Greets, one in San Antonio and one in Houston. As the topic description of this post indicates, I am in so many locations, really. My job keeps me traveling, so I am in Houston this month (have been since early November). I'll be in my fiancee's hometown of San Antonio next month.

Now for some photos! As I understand it, that is the rule around here :lol Hopefully the picture-linking will work...

Farrah, only a few months old. Look at that leg!

DSC05458.jpg

Posing for the camera...she still does that to this day

DSC05437.jpg

Her mama and her

DSC05414.jpg

At the Petco snack bar

DSC01049.jpg

At one of mama's triathlons

DSC00603.jpg

Inside-out ear...she suffers from it a lot :lol

DSC00996.jpg

A good side-view of her

DSC00564.jpg

Cuddled-up after bath-time

DSC00056.jpg

Yours truly, training a shelter dog in Little Rock

DSC00139.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Well, I remember when you first came on for information but Welcome again from Plano Texas! Farrah is a cutie. In agility it is common to find whippet mixes. I have seen other whippet/border collie mixes and also whippet/JRT mixes. Good Luck to you!

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest GreytMuse

Greetings, Mark and family! :) Glad to have you with us and I look forward to watching your journey to adopt a grey!

Farrah is just precious, and you can just see the intelligence in her eyes -- she'll be a great sibling for a new grey!

Guest EmergencyOps
That picture at the treat bar at Petco is PRICELESS!!!! :wub:

Are you an Aggie?

I am actually an Eagle...one of those "Mean Green" eagles from UNT.

Guest greythopes

Welcome from San Antonio! Maybe I will run into you if you come to any of the greyhound show-n-tails next month. Good luck with the house-hunting and finally getting your grey. :) Farrah is adorable.

Hello from San Antonio. Stop by a show n tail and say hi. Farrah is a cutie!

Jennifer and the crew

The crew Desi, Comet, Theo, Memphis, Belle, the 2 adult humans, and the kiddo.

R.I.P. Bear, Bilbo, Tippy, Guinea Pig Paige

Desi (TNJ By Design), Comet (Corpus Comet) Theo (Gable Thinsulate)

Bear (CS What A Bear) Dec. 3, 1999 - Dec 22, 2008 Bilbo (CTW Buffalo Bill) July 2001 - Aug 17, 2011,

That picture at the treat bar at Petco is PRICELESS!!!! :wub:

Are you an Aggie?

I am actually an Eagle...one of those "Mean Green" eagles from UNT.

Awww, shoot! Was hoping you were a Longhorns fan so I could show off the most interesting mark on our newly adopted grey's back! What the heck, I'll show it to you anyway!! :lol See below.

Welcome from Gainesville, FL by the way!

robin014.jpg

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Welcome from Alberta Canada! :welcome2 Farrah is gorgeous and adorable!

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com