Mysterious Screeching

Guest rratney

Guest rratney

I left Ella with my daughter while I was in surgery. One night she screeched several times during the night for no apparent reason and also when people tried to touch her. She also pooped in the house, something she never does. She didn't indicate any particular area that was hurting. The next day, the vet pinched, poked, manipulated every leg, hip and shoulder and picked her up by the abdomen: not a peep. Back at the house, she slightly favored the leg from which blood was drawn. The next day everything was back to normal. Ella has stayed at my daughter's house frequently and gets along with her dogs and cats. The only difference this time was that there was a foot of snow on the ground. At home we live in a high rise condo and I walk her on walkways that that have been plowed down to the pavement.

Has anyone seen anything like this? If so, was there any explanation?

Ron Ratney

could have just been a cramp or stomach-ache or something. they don't always react when at the vet's either...sometimes they can be very stoic. has she done it since?

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)