A Senior Blood Donor Finds A Forever Home! Pics P3 #46

Guest TheUnrulyHound

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest p51crazyhorse

From first post January 25th

We need name suggestions though.... Hawk just doesnt fit him and he doesnt answer to it either, plus I alwas want to say Hawk-Tooey He walks like a clydesdale thru the house, you can always tell he is coming, his front feet must be extra heavy so we were thinking something that relates to that? I was thinking Stepper ( ;) Phillypups)

Quote from Phillypups January 28th

Holly, he is STUNNING ~

ETA: STEPPER WOULD BE HONORED!!

As most of us know, dear sweet Stepper left this earth on February the 7th. Out of respect for Stepper and for Pat (phillypups) I waited and reevaluated my name choices, still coming to the conclusion that I LOVED the name Stepper.....today I emailed to ask Pats feelings on this matter and whether or not she was comfortable with me using Steppers name. I did not want her to feel sorrow everytime she read his name in a post on GT. She responded saying that not only did she still feel that Stepper would be honored but that she hoped I would put his name at the top of my name choices......

So now with a heavy but happy heart I present Stepper, formerly known as Hawk

hawk23.jpg

And with that said, THANKYOU so much to Pat and her Stepper for our chance to honor him and for giving my sweet hero a fitting name.

Thank you

Holly and the Brindles

He is a very handsome boy. Congratulations Stepper. You have a happy home.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Holly,

We feel so very honored. Everytime I see Stepper's name it will be like my beloved Stepper is tapping my heart, looking at me with his goofy grin and saying Mom, I never left you, I live here. :wub:

Thank you so much Holly for asking and I would like to let everyone know my reply to you.

Thank you for your sweet note and thoughts. It is amazing how peaceful Stepper left me feeling, which has always been so very much his way. Again I must reiterate that Stepper would be honored that you, of all people, would name a hound Stepper, and hopefully it is partly in Stepper's honor. I feel the best way to honor our hounds are to bring in another one to share our lives with ~ never a replacement, just an honor.

I must tell you, if you do choose to name your new boy Stepper, everytime I read his name in your post it would be as if my Stepper was gently nosing my heart for another ear scritch. Please keep Stepper on your list, if not at the top of your list, as it is a wonderful name for a boy full of love and happiness.

Very fondly,

Pat & The Phantastic PhillyPups

Congratulations STEPPER you have an AWESOME name and a WONDERFUL home. :confetti:confetti:confetti

:kiss2

I feel like I am his GodMother. :D

Holly, Stepper would like to send Stepper his first Christmas Stocking (like giving the shoemaker's kids shoes) :lol

Edited by PhillyPups

Guest p51crazyhorse

OH Pat!!! I dont want to take your Steppers stocking :( Dont you want to keep it ?

And Stepper would be delighted to have you as his Godmother!!!

Dont they always say that the shoemakers kids are the ones who always need the shoes??? :rolleyes: My furkids didnt get stockings made for them last year!!! I didnt have time :( I will make them some this spring though!!! hahahaha!

Holly

What an awesome story. My eyes are leaking, it is like Stepper is passing the baton to Stepper to carry on the love of a hound.

I still feel that my Molly sent me Molleigh, why else would I have looked online that day and saw that fawn face named Queen Molly. Then to top it off I got her exactly 10yrs to the day that I had gotten Molly.

Stepper is very handsome and regal and the name suits him well.

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~

Holly, my eyes are leaking big time. :weep What a beautiful way to honor Stepper, and it's such a lovely name. You are SO sweet. :kiss2 :kiss2

Welcome home Stepper! You have a wonderful new family and a great mum :):blush

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Stepper!! What an absolutely wonderful name and tribute!!!

That brought tears to my eyes.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest p51crazyhorse

Stepper loves his name too :blush Well it is finally official, I wrote a check to GALT yesterday and received all of Steppers paperwork, it also included a old rabies tag of his from 2005 that is all beat up around the edges and well worn... I don't know why that is special to me...... except for the fact that it is something that he wore for a long time, maybe I am just stupidly sentimental :rolleyes:

He also went to the vet yesterday for his last lepto shot and had his numerous blood blisters looked at, which are not a concern to the vet unless they get significantly bigger or get infected. So that is a relief :)

He is the most playful of my Brindle clan, usually most of the toys stay in the "toy corner" but not anymore!!! about three times a day I have to corral the toys back into the corner..... everytime he gets up from a nap he goes STRAIGHT to the toys and picks one up to carry with him and squeak :wub: he is such a joy to have :blush

Holly and the Brindles

PS GreyKarma, that is a sweet story about Molly and Molleigh :)

Edited by p51crazyhorse