A Senior Blood Donor Finds A Forever Home! Pics P3 #46

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Guest p51crazyhorse

After 3 weeks of searching I have found a Senior! GALT had this sweet guy who needed a foster home (we are fostering with MAJOR intent) , he is 8.5 years old and was a blood donor, I dont know much about his history but he only raced 12 times.

hawk24.jpg

Greyhound Data Feelin Alright

GALT - Hawk

When we picked him up from the kennel he bonked his nose trying to walk thru the glass doors and is VERY interested in the reflections in windows at night and the TV. I feel that he has never been in a home before :( He is not skittish or scared in any way but everytime you open a door or a cabinet he is THERE!!! nose in the drawer, walks thru every room sniffing everything very thouroughly! DH opened the dishwasher and Hawk thought he might try and crawl in there :) He is quite the character, he loves my daughter and follows her around everywhere she goes. He thinks counters are a buffet for his choosing and has already swiped a stray piece of sausage and a whole banana :rotfl needless to say he discovered very quickly where the treats are kept. He is great in the house considering, and has not had a single accident and slept thru the night on his new fluffy bed in the master bedroom. He barks at my little schnauzer Brody when we are outside and seems a little overly interested in him with a muzzle on.... we are seeing how that works out, that is the only reason now that we see that might make him not work out in our home, so far he has calmed down quite a bit towards Brody so we are hopeful! They get along great inside the house.

I am so excited to have him and show him all the comforts of home! We need name suggestions though.... Hawk just doesnt fit him and he doesnt answer to it either, plus I alwas want to say Hawk-Tooey :rotfl He walks like a clydesdale thru the house, you can always tell he is coming, his front feet must be extra heavy :) so we were thinking something that relates to that? I was thinking Stepper ( ;) Phillypups) .......................but DH doesnt really like it......

See my 4 Brindles!

DSCN06982.jpg

DSCN06992.jpg

Sweet boy :blush

DSCN06912.jpg

DSCN07152.jpg

Edited by p51crazyhorse

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holly his is gorgeous. I love his ears.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Gorgeous, but I actually DO think he looks like a Hawk!

Hey, if he walks really loud, how about Thunder? Or you could call him Odin, the Norse God of Thunder (that's what I named my boss's computer at work--he doesn't know what it means! :colgate)

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Well, you already know how we feel :confetti:confetti He is an absolute doll!!

I have not named one of my dogs so I can't offer suggestions there, not good at it :lol Wayne has his own message, I'll translate.

"Excuse me????? senior???? I take exception to that!! I just turned 8 and I ain't no senior!"

Okay, we let Wayne have his say.

Congratulations Holly and WELCOME HOME soon to be named!

Blood donors are some very very special hounds.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest sweetpea

What about Clyde, like Clydesdale?

Or Dino, like Dino the Flintstone's Dinosaur?

Or Fred, like Fred Astaire?

I got a million of 'em!

He looks very sweet, congratulations!

:guns:guns:guns:ding

Buzzy

He is just beautiful!! Congratulations!!! :yay

And your all-brindle family is gorgeous! :beatheart

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Look at that handsome fella! :wub:

How 'bout "Bo Jangles"?

"I knew a man Bojangles and he'd dance for you

In worn out shoes

With silver hair, a ragged shirt, and baggy pants

The old soft shoe

He jumped so high, jumped so high

Then he lightly touched down..."

We had a Siamese cat that StOmPeD around like a little elephant, and that's what we called him. :lol

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Pretty boy. :wub: What about Horton - the elephant in Dr. Seuss books?

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest p51crazyhorse

oooh keep up the names, the names of dancers especially! lessee.... Odin would turn into Odie... like Garfield... cant have that. Buzzy, we thought of Clyde, that would be a cute one and Fred is just a little.... um weird for a dog! ahhahaha

Xan..... ugh, you have brought back a horrible childhood memory :yikes that is a song I used to get stuck in my head all the time and I hated it!!!!! so my mom would sing it all the time just to hear me scream.... <_<:rolleyes: So sorry sweetie, I didnt even finish reading your post :D

Holly, he is so gorgeous!!! :yay :yay :yay :yay :D

Not sure whether it's premature to say :confetti CONGRATS??? After all you said foster with MAJOR intent :D and he looks like he's settled in already!

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Congratulations Holly. He is adorable. He must move like Josh - not exactly light on his feet :lol We're very happy happy for you all! :confetti

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Congratulations!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest runner615
Congratulations to both of you...love his earsies! Give him a hug and thank him, from me, for being a fabulous blood donor....he definitely is a hero! :) A handsome hero, at that.

Congratulations Holly and Gang. I do not have any name suggestions. Maddie is a heavy walker too, especially when she hears me getting her dinner ready and she comes "thundering down the stairs" He is a looker.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]