Cracked Pads And Bag Balm

Guest Hollys2hounds

Guest Hollys2hounds

Last night I came home to find my Lexy limping a bit. Upon investigating, I realized she had a thorn or piece of something inside a crack on her poor little foot! And it had been bleeding :o

My yard has been snow covered and icey, and though she doesn't seem to mind it, and plays like a lunatic, the frigid cold weather has been the culprit!

I gently removed the "splinter", cleaned it, and put some Neosporin, and a sock on her foot.

I went right to GT, and looked up "Cracked pads," and of course got my answer. :wubsite

Now I have another question....

Is Bag Balm greasy? Do I have to cover her pads with the Bag Balm, with a sock or booties? ( she HATES this! )

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Hollys2hounds

It is a bit greasy... if you have slick floors you'll want to put booties on her.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest SoulsMom

It is a bit greasy, but it's awesome. I have hard wood floors, but don't use socks when I apply it. I just make sure it's rubbed in really good. If it's rubbed in well, it's not as greasy, just smooth. And Soul thoroughly enjoys his foot massage

Edited by SoulsMom

I agree with SoulsMom (have hardwood floors too). It's a little greasy, maybe (it doesn't soak right in like hand lotion -- you'll feel it on your own fingers for a bit), so I try to rub it in while Beth is lying down and looks like she'll stay that way for a bit to let it soak in. But covering their feet isn't necessary.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

It contains lanolin, so it is a bit greasy, but as Amber said, if you rub it in well, it won't be an issue. Do it while she's sleeping anyway, and by the time she decides to get up, it will have soaked in.

I use it on my own hands all the time, and if I avoid touching anything for a couple of minutes, it's gone!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest KennelMom

its kinda vaseliney, so a little greasy. I rub it on when I know the dog will be resting...at night when we're watching tv or something, it will absorb in before they get up.