Mid Winter Shed?

Guest Lorraineandcrew

Guest Lorraineandcrew

Hi all,

don't know if anyone else is experiencing this or not, but both my pups are shedding now like winter is over! We are in the middle of an arctic blast right now (minus 30 with the windchill) and I thought if anything they would want to hold on to as much fur as possible! But I am covered in it every time I get to work. They are both healthy, no changes to diet, not stressed out, nothing new.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Guest greytgrandma

Hot Rod did that last winter. Hes not shedding like that YET this winter. Last winter I thought it might have something to do with him adjusting to home life since Josh had only had him a few months. I noticed when purina changed to the shredded chicken he did shed a bit more for a few weeks but not to bad.

Guest myneedlenose

Yup, Mayhem is doing exactly the same thing, and it's -30 with the windchill! Nothing has changed in terms of diet or health, I figure he is just shedding for the fun of watching me pull out the vacuum cleaner once a day, lol.