A New Addition To Our Hound Herd!

Guest Lovey_Hounds

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know i am crazy.... a puppy... we are going to make it work...she was SO much smaller than the others.

DSC_0450.jpg

If anyone has any suggestion on raising this cute little monster, i could use all the help we can get.... i have delt with jack russels so i think we should be ok...lol

Buy lots of booze. (She is stunning.)

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

• 2 weeks later...
Well he uses these dogs for hunting - apparently has 8 full grown greyhounds - purebred, I asked. I originally was going to bring back only 3 as he wanted to keep 2 for hunting and to add to his pack, plus my sister is keeping one so I would of had to re-home only 2 puppies, no problem. I contacted him and because they're going to such good homes (I explained how greyhounds live in the city...ie pampered, spoiled) and he decided to let the 2 go - so 3 ballooned into 5, a little harder but no problem. So I call him again and his friend has 4 almost 4 mth old puppies he wants to get rid of also - now I'm in over my head.

With lots and LOTS of help from amazing people I'm able to get the funds together to buy all 9 puppies and get them homes/food/love. So no worries everyone - all the puppies are taken care of! I"m doing the 23 hour drive on Sunday and will post lots of pictures as soon as I get some time. I'm sure they have no vaccinations or anything as they're farm dogs but I'll be sure to ask. I'm also making it clear that I"m not doing this again for puppies so he and his friend don't breed more litters with a 'guaranteed sale' in Calgary waiting for them. He sounds like he cares about the puppies but not enough to give me a discount or give them to me for free - he's clear he wants his money and so does his friend. In total I'm bringing back 9 puppies. 3 black males, 2 black females, 1 brindle female and the rest are like white with some other colour and are female.

HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me out with this - I was literally shaking on Wednesday trying to scrape more money together and get homes/fosters lined up for these guys and an amazing group of people came through for me. They've got fosters/homes lined up for 4 already, so that leaves me with only 4 more which I'm sure will go super fast - we don't see a lot of puppies and everyone is really excited. Thank god for such an amazing community of people - when my heart got bigger than my wallet they came through and helped me out.

Thanks so much!

I'll stop posting in this thread, next time you see stuff about this it'll be with adorable pictures of little beady eyes and licky tongues! Wish me luck and a safe trip, talk to you all later :)

OMG! The puppies are multiplying. Soon you'll have a 101 and you can make a movie....

Wish I was brave enough for a puppy....they are so precious!

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

• 2 weeks later...
Where is Marijke? I think she needs a puppy!

oh no.... I don't do puppies!! I get all my dogs as adults, thank you very much.

I adore puppies, as long as they're someone else's!!! :lol

(gorgeous pup though. Absolutely swooning, gorgeous, lovely, puppy breath, pups)

Yeah, everything SHE said!! :lol

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest trevdog

She is adorable! So glad they were able to get out of there too! Greyhound puppies are much like other pups, except they seem to get fast very quickly as they are growing into those legs.