Jump to content

Is Derma-clens Harmful If Licked And Swallowed?

Guest pasrikerwon

Recommended Posts

Guest pasrikerwon

The vet recommended putting Derma-Clens cream of affected areas ... Silas has been licking it... is a wipe on amount harmful if licked?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably not. MSDS is here:




"Ingestion effects: Ingestion of large quantities may result in headache, dizziness or sedation

based on components."




Benzoic Acid* 65-85-0 Proprietary

Malic acid* 6915-15-7 Proprietary

Methylparaben 99-76-3 Proprietary

Propylene glycol 57-55-6 Proprietary

Propylparaben 94-13-3 Proprietary

Salicylic Acid* 69-72-2 Proprietary

Stearyl Alcohol 112-92-5 Proprietary

Steareth-2 CFTA 9005-00-9 Proprietary

Steareth-21 CFTA 9005-00-9 Proprietary

Xantan gum, Ph. Eur. 11138-66-2 Proprietary


For first aid, it DOES say:


"Ingestion: Get medical attention. Do not induce vomiting unless directed by medical

personnel. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person."


But they have to say that for everything. An MSDS won't say, "Consume! Don't call a doctor. Have a nice day."


Under toxicological, it says:


"Ingestion: Not determined for this mixture. The estimated LD50 in rats is greater

than 2000 mg/kg based on toxicity of components and concentrations



Table salt is around 2000 to 3000 mg/kg, so I think you're pretty safe there.

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...