Here We Go Again

Guest ss556

I feel so bad for my boy. He had diarrhea four times last night - every three hours he would come in my room and pant - he had such a hard time walking on the snow/ice he fell onto his back legs going down the deck steps, even though I have at least 5 carpets around there. It's so icey. Then he came into my room stayed in my bed for a while, jumped down and hurt his right front paw, he is limping today. His back legs are weakish and have been all year, now his front leg:( Since he seemed to hurt it jumping off my bed, I'm wondering how long he may limp. He didn't eat this morning either. I can't wait to get home to see how he's doing. DH went home at 11 and will go home again around 2. Say a prayer for my sweet sweet boy - he deserves to feel better.

Edited by ss556

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh sweetie...Please feel better soon honey. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Okay Alan, time to knock it off!!! You need to feel better my friend, we're worried about you. Hoping you will feel better riteawaykwik. Tell your mom it's time to move to California and get away from that ice and white stuff!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Poor Alan - I hope he feels better soon and is rid of the diarrhea and aches from where he fell. He is such a sweet boy.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest HoustonGreys

Oh Susan, this just breaks my heart. :( Poor sweet Alan. I wish he could get over all this. For Alan :kiss2

:grouphug to both of you.

Edited by HoustonGreys

I came home and he can't get up easy - and when he finally did - he is limping really bad with both front paws - one knuckles. My vet left for the day, lovely. Another vet is supposed to call me back. He was panting, so he has to be in pain. I'm scared and dont know how I can move him, he's so very big 90 lbs.

Oh Alan, stop worrying your mom. Hope you feel better soon. :wub:

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest HoustonGreys
I came home and he can't get up easy - and when he finally did - he is limping really bad with both front paws - one knuckles. My vet left for the day, lovely. Another vet is supposed to call me back. He was panting, so he has to be in pain. I'm scared and dont know how I can move him, he's so very big 90 lbs.

Crap! I saw this after I posted the above. OK, about moving him --- if you have someone to help and can get a strong blanket or quilt under him and each person take a side --- possibly a neighbor can even help. Once you get him to the vet someone there can get him out of the car for you. Sending MANY prayers for Alan and you!

Oh Alan, you are worrying your mom. Get up and dance for her!

I hope he will be ok. My guys hate going out in the yard. It is so icy.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Is there any chance that the vet's office can send a tech out to help? I know if I had a problem here they would send a tech out. Might be worth asking. If he's in pain, he needs something!! Poor guy, he's sure had his share lately.

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

The vet said it sounds like a sprain. Since he's a "kidney dog" and on aspirin already, he cannot have an NSAID. Tramadol wasn't too good w/ him one time before, so I have 1/2 baby aspirin and will wait until tomorrow and can get the tramadol if needed. He said to let him rest, feed him and me and DH have to help him go out. It's so d**m cold out, what a shame. I hope this is all it is. I never dealt with a sprain with him before. It's not going to be easy to get him outside to do his business with weak back legs and hurting front legs. This is my big concern - his potty issue.

Is there any chance that the vet's office can send a tech out to help? I know if I had a problem here they would send a tech out. Might be worth asking. If he's in pain, he needs something!! Poor guy, he's sure had his share lately.

I had this same suggestion. Hobbes was too heavy for me to lift into the car alone when he couldn't walk so our vet. technician came and picked him up one time and in a critical emergency our vet came herself with a tech. They carried him to the back of my Jeep on his bed to transport to the clinic.

We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for Alan.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Oh, poor Alan! You've had such a rough time of it recently sweetie. I hope you feel better soon.

Is it supposed to get a bit warmer tomorrow? We are getting a warm up on Wednesday, I am hoping it's coming from the south and will reach you first...

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

No NSAID's here either, but Tramadol has always helped. Good luck, I wish I was closer to help. I'm a BIG Alan fan so please tell him to feel better

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Alan, get better sweetheart! Whitelight and good thoughts for you and your boy!

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Sending prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Dr. Longo is in till 9Pm.

Hope he is OK soon.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I have one of those slings that I ordered - like Boss had. Can't think straight now - as to what you call it. We tried again to get him up - he can't stand on the left front leg - he bends it, like knuckling and the other one he limps on. Two steps and he's done - back onto his bed. I don't know if its just a sprain.

Guest HersheysMom

Crap! - Is he still panting, honey?

Short of actually bringing him in to the evet the only other thing I can think of is a hot or cold compress???