Monty Has A Weird Lump: Chemo Started Post 384

Guest greytmonty

Don't panic. Our whippet got a fair number of lumps and bumps, most of them lipomas and all of them benign. He had one lipoma that started out large but very flat; stayed that way for YEARS; and then one day it started growing outward with alarming rapidity. But it was just a lipoma -- not the easiest one for the vet to remove as it had gotten involved with the muscle, but certainly not life-threatening and no worries about clean margins.

Fingers crossed that Monty's is "just a bump."

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope that Monty just missed the vet and needed another visit :rolleyes: Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers that the lump will turn out to be nothing.

Sending lots more prayers and positive thoughts, Please come on Saturday.... :grouphug:grouphug:hope:hope:hope:candle

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest greytmonty

He has been licking the lump a lot. I can't wait til Saturday so we can show the vet.

I don't have a car during the week so I can't take him before then, anyway.

He has been licking the lump a lot. I can't wait til Saturday so we can show the vet.

I don't have a car during the week so I can't take him before then, anyway.

I've had Monty in my thoughts all week. It's killing me to know what this lump is, I can only imagine what the wait is doing to you :grouphug

Guest greytmonty

Just back from the vet. She did not like the look or feel of it at all. It is DEFINITELY not a lipoma. It is too hard, and when she took the needle aspirate it was full of blood, which lipomas are not.

She will get the pathology results Wed or Thurs. He is tentatively scheduled for surgery Fri to remove it. She said that, depending on the pathology results, either he will have it removed there, or "we will talk about you going somewhere else for treatment" (ie U Penn).

I am so upset. I was so hoping it was a lipoma.

I'm so sorry it wasn't a lipoma. I have no idea what the other possibilities are, but I'll keep a good thought for you and Monty, as will lots of other people, I'm sure. You're not alone, hon. :grouphug Mary

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

It's just one thing after another. The sun will have to shine brightly soon. I just know it. We are keeping you and Monty in our thoughts. Good positive thoughts.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest greytmonty

It's just one thing after another. The sun will have to shine brightly soon. I just know it. We are keeping you and Monty in our thoughts. Good positive thoughts.

Thanks. I know it still might just be a tumor and not "C" but my vet did look worried.

Monty :hope

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest LadyChester

Oh my heavens ... I just saw this. I missed your original post! Sending good thoughts for Monty and you, too, Karen. I hope your vet is wrong!

Ok...so it's not a limpoma. So we will start a chant...it's Benign...It's Benign...:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Bethf03

We found a lump on Sextons head, its osteosarcoma, later we found a lump behind his ear, its on his spine and the last lump I found was on his rib. He is still hanging in there. We are giving him trymadal for the pain., and loving and spending as much time with him as possible until its time to say good bye.

I hope that its not that for Monty. your in our thougts...

Beth Sexton & Unique

IMG_0971.jpg

Guest Hollys2hounds

Oh Karen,

My prayers are with you guys!! Praying very hard that it is benign!!!

It's benign...it's benign, it's benign!!!!

It has to be.

xxxooo

Guest greytmonty
We found a lump on Sextons head, its osteosarcoma, later we found a lump behind his ear, its on his spine and the last lump I found was on his rib. He is still hanging in there. We are giving him trymadal for the pain., and loving and spending as much time with him as possible until its time to say good bye.

I hope that its not that for Monty. your in our thougts...

Beth Sexton & Unique

IMG_0971.jpg

I am sorry to hear about sexton. Hugs from Philly.

Guest taylorsmom

Hi Karen--I am just getting caught up on this, haven't been on here in awhile--I am so sorry to hear about Monty's lump!! You know, I can just imagine how you may have been vigilantly watching the vet's face as she examined the lump--I KNOW that I would be doing the same thing and trying to gauge whether I should be worried or not. If it helps--I did the exact same thing when my vet was examining this large lump under Rita's jaw about a month or so ago. He looked quite worried and even sent in the senior vet to take a look at it also (which made my heart sink)--turns out he was just being a very good and concerned vet, and it is totally benign (just a blocked salivary duct). I will send you and Monty lots of healing, lump-shrinking thoughts!