Stella (free Expresso) 8/15/95-11/18/08

Guest Pookie

Today Stella went to the bridge. We got home last night and she was having trouble peeing. We took her to vet and they kept her overnight. An ultrasound today revealed a tumor in her bladder. The vet said it would be inoperable because of its location. She was very uncomfortable and we let her go.

Stella was my first grey. I got her when she was 10 and a half. Her previous home was getting to be too hectic for her so they returned her. She enjoyed her quite days with me and DH, just lounging around the house with us and the cats. Up until the last month or so she would still run/jog a lap in the backyard everyday. She was a pretty spunky old girl and I'm glad I was able to make her last few years comfortable and happy.

Good bye my little turkey.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Stella. Even though the time she spent with you was short, she had a life full of love in your home.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so sorry for your loss of Stella. I'm sure she enjoyed every day with you. Godspeed! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

You gave her the best years of her life, Karen, a special home with a loving family. I will miss her dignified face, but will never forget her and all you shared of her with us. I'm so glad that you could share these nearly three years together.

Run free, sweet Stella :grouphug:gh_run:f_pink

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

I am so sorry for your loss. Stella enjoyed a loving and contented life with you. She sounds like she was a really sweet girl. May the memories of your time with her bring you comfort.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy