Any Experience With Cushings?

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you!!!! Today will be a rough one for my little girl and hopefully she's still speaking to me at the end of the day :lol Rough days ahead, but we have the very best on our side! That would be you all

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Have you stocked up on the ice cream? Ice cream when you pick her up & on the ride home, then ice cream for dinner, ice cream for dessert & ice cream for bed time story. You might go on & find a recipe for a breakfast ice cream too.

And Claudina...she'll be speaking to you because she knows you love her more than life itself.

Have you stocked up on the ice cream? Ice cream when you pick her up & on the ride home, then ice cream for dinner, ice cream for dessert & ice cream for bed time story. You might go on & find a recipe for a breakfast ice cream too.

And Claudina...she'll be speaking to you because she knows you love her more than life itself.

I can't even thank you enough Hilda, you know what it means to me! You made me cry and I don't ever cry on Tuesdays. And I have stocked up on ice cream for sure :lol And Misty is wearing a VERY special collar today from Emmy so I know Emmy will be watching over.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

I was just gonna mention to have lots of ice cream to share on hand!!!!! Greyt minds think alike!

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .

Guest ChancesMom

Misty my :wub: . I am thinking about you today and me and mama habs all our digits crossed fur you. I know dat Miss Claudia will gib you tons ob lubbin and tons ob da icee cream.

Your furebber.:heart. :f_red:cookie:kiss2

Misty my :wub: . I am thinking about you today and me and mama habs all our digits crossed fur you. I know dat Miss Claudia will gib you tons ob lubbin and tons ob da icee cream.

Your furebber.:heart. :f_red:cookie:kiss2

For Misty's Chance :kiss2

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

I can't even thank you enough Hilda, you know what it means to me! You made me cry and I don't ever cry on Tuesdays. And I have stocked up on ice cream for sure :lol And Misty is wearing a VERY special collar today from Emmy so I know Emmy will be watching over.

Well if you make me cry with your words of encouragement, then I'm going to make you cry with my words of encouragement. If Misty has Emmy on her side & you've got Judy on your side, then your team is going to win! Those are 2 very powerful ladies. One on earth & the other over looking the bridge.

The only thing I ever did not like about Emmy, when she gave me kisses, she would nibble on my nose, which made me laugh, then she'd get one lick in the mouth...he he he

Well if you make me cry with your words of encouragement, then I'm going to make you cry with my words of encouragement. If Misty has Emmy on her side & you've got Judy on your side, then your team is going to win! Those are 2 very powerful ladies. One on earth & the other over looking the bridge.

The only thing I ever did not like about Emmy, when she gave me kisses, she would nibble on my nose, which made me laugh, then she'd get one lick in the mouth...he he he

Ah....but I have 2 powerful ladies here on earth, that would be you my friend and there are a few yellow butterflies floating around here this am. Hmmmmmmmmm

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Still here thinking about Misty. When does she get to come home???

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Still here thinking about Misty. When does she get to come home???

Thank you for thinking about her Susan. Can't pick her up until 4:30. They do a draw at 8, again at 12 and then again at 4. And somewhere in there, they inject the Dexamethasone. They weighed her this morning and she's already lost 5 lbs which she can not afford. She's just a little thing as it is.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Cofax sends extra wet smooches ........ and me too (mine don't come out quite as wet) :P:kiss2

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

How's everyone doing this morning???

Results are in. We knew it was Cushings and now we know it's the pituitary affected.My vet is calling the Lysodren into Walgreens and Misty will also be on a low dose of Pred to combat the side effects of the Lysodren. She will be on the meds for 10 days and then we'll have to do the blood work up again to monitor where she's at. He said what will be very important is to measure her water consumption because in his opionion, we don't want to make Misty Addisionian. Lysodren is a dangerous drug. He said that pituitary tumors are very slow growing so that's good news. Thank you for all your support for my little girl.I'm afraid this is going to be a scary ride. I should also mention that my vet wanted to wait 5 days to start the drugs because he wanted me to measure her water consumption first, but I just don't want to wait because her weight loss is scaring me.

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg