My Clementine

Guest greydogluvr

Guest greydogluvr

I am so worried. Clemmie has not eaten in over 6 days. I had her to the vet on Thursday and he expressed her anal and gave her a vitamin shot (can't think right now what it was) and some pain meds b/c her anals were bad. He said to bring her back if she was not better on Monday.

I got up this AM and she is still not herself. She did eat a sliver of a hot dog and has been drinking. She appears disheveled, her coat is not smooth, her eyes are drooping and she appears depressed. She is a talker as well and has not done this is days. She has been resting her head on the toilet seat and on her water bucket. It is like she wants to eat but just can bring herself to do it. Needless to say she is back at the vet getting x-rays and blood work done. The strangest part of this whole thing is that as I walked her into the waiting room she seemed to lose control of her hind legs.

Any ideas as to what this might be? Please send positive thought her way.

Lora

Sending prayers for your sweet baby girl. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Lots of good wishes being sent from here :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Could an infection from squeezing the anal glands have gotten into her system? (I don't know the answer to this, but I'm wondering...). Is she on antibiotics? Does she have a fever? I'm glad she's getting checked out at the vet's.

Sending tons of positive and healing thoughts to her and comforting thoughts to you. :grouphug

Edited by SusanP

Guest greydogluvr

She is not on any antibiotics. Is that something that should be prescribed after anals are expressed? She does not have a temp. This is so strange. I did tell the vet she is not eating. I bet she has lost some weight. I am sure this is not helping her fell better. I will ask for some suggestions for nourishment. I can not tell you how worried I am. Thank you all so much for your thoughts for my Clemmie.

Edited by greydogluvr

I don't think there is usually a problem with anal glands, but I guess I'd just wonder in this case if there was infection that got spread--I'm not a medical person. Just trying to think what could have happened.

Guest Greensleeves

My vet told me that when a dog has gone three days of refusing *any* food, it's time to worry. The longer they go without eating, the less likely they are to start eating again on their own. The vet may wish to keep her and do some IV fluids to get her feeling better. X-rays and bloodwork are a good start, and should help you guys figure out what's going on.

As for the hind-end weakness? It could be a lot of different things, but if she hasn't eaten in a week, she'll be pretty weak.

Nutritional yeast is available at health food stores. Sometimes pre-packaged, sometimes I just scoop from the bulk bin. Get it in the flake form.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Nutritional yeast is available at health food stores. Sometimes pre-packaged, sometimes I just scoop from the bulk bin. Get it in the flake form.

I agree with Ducky, get the flakes. I'm not sure if you have a Clark's by you but that's where I get it

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Yes the hind leg weakness will be due to the fact she's not eating, she's bound to have no energy.

Sending positive thoughts EAT *baby* EAT :chow

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest greydogluvr

Okay. We are home. She has a bowel obstruction of some sort in her large intestine. It looks like stool (granular in appearance) but not absolutely sure. He gave her an anti-inflammatory as well as some Ma Zi Ren Wan (an herbal supplement) which helps stimulate bowel movement. Additionally, the anti-inflammatory has the side effect of loose bowels. This is supposed to case a bowel movement within 24 hours.