Does Liquid Valium Go In Fridge?

Guest EmilyAnne

Guest EmilyAnne

I forgot to ask the vet this morning if the valuim should be refrigerated. I know the suppositories are to be refrigerated, but what about the liquid form? It looks like this:

100_1346.jpg

Guest KennelMom

We don't refrigerate ours, but it must be stored in the dark. Also, if those are plastic syringes, it will need to be replaced every few months or so if you don't use them b/c plastic binds to the valium. Ideally liquid valium is stored in a dark glass bottle, but of course, when you need it, you NEED it and the syringes save time from having to draw it up.

Guest EmilyAnne
We don't refrigerate ours, but it must be stored in the dark. Also, if those are plastic syringes, it will need to be replaced every few months or so if you don't use them b/c plastic binds to the valium. Ideally liquid valium is stored in a dark glass bottle, but of course, when you need it, you NEED it and the syringes save time from having to draw it up.

Thank you, I put it in dark blue plate shaped tupperware, with a napkin around bag for extra protection from light. I'm leaving it in a central spot so I can get it very fast if need be.

Guest Peanut

Nope, we always kept it in the bathroom cupboard (top shelf out of children's reach) because that was "seizure zone" when she clustered. Be careful with it. It is easy to over dose with it. My Natalie had a HORRIBLE reaction to it after being over dosed in foster care. After many attempts of using it and getting a loopy dog (BAD) we stopped...

What Heather (Kennelmom) said. Piper's has always been in little glass vials and I draw it up as needed. It's kept in a zipper bag in Piper's kitchen drawer that contains all his seizure stuff.

Hope that you find that it does the job for Henry.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.