Naples Is Limping

I'm going to call and make a vet appointment tomorrow, but a few prayers in the meantime would be appreciated.

She's been licking at her right front foot for a little while now. We have these nasty little sand burrs all over our yard, and they get stuck to EVERYTING, so of course, that was my first suspicion. I have checked very thoroughly several times, and have found nothing. No burrs, no wounds, everything on the surface looks and feels healthy.

But still, she's limoing. She's not letting it stop her, so we will have to leash-walk her in the yard, to prevent her hurting herself more. But, based on where she's licking, I think it's a foot or wrist problem, so I am thinking we are not dealing with the "C" word.

But DH thinks she's losing weight. I see that she's lost some, but not any more than she usually loses at this time of the year. She LOVES to run like an idiot, and in the cooler weather of fall, she does! So she loses weight, because of increased activity. We never realize it till we can see it, and then we increase her food. I think that's all it is this time, too, but DH is unsure.

So, like I said, we will make an appointment for as soon as we can get in.

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

sending many prayers, Sarah :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Sending my many prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Good thoughts coming from here :candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

No limping today! Looks like the prayers are working, THANKS!

So I think we are going to keep on keeping on - I will hold off on the vet, and keep leash walking, and see what happens. I'm thinking she strained something, so I think we'll wait and see...

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.