Tylan Powder

Guest lauri

I used the GT search to find info on those who have had Greys on Tylan powder. I saw where someone gets it from Amazon.

Checked it out and it's $43.50 for 100 grams.

Funny...the vet on call when Miles' bloodwork came in told me that she was going to order some of her 'favorite' antibiotic and it may take up to two weeks.

Funny thing is that she failed to tell me the name and that I could get it anywhere that sells farm supply or feedstores!

Her charge? $108 for the EXACT same thing. Even the same container!

Too bad I didn't know this first! :angryfire

Edited by lauri

I am sure that you know, but that stuff tastes rather nasty. Very bitter. When I was using it with my IBD grey, I put it into capsules so he could just swallow it down without tasting it. Some will tolerate it on their food, but no such luck for me. I, too, ordered it on line myself (the empty capsules, too) Good luck!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Frankly, I'd call your vet or drop by to see her and let her know -- calmly, firmly, NONconfrontationally -- that you are very disappointed that you were charged $108 for something that you can easily buy yourself for $43.50. And that while you appreciate the expertise and care her practice has shown toward your pet, Miles' illness has been very costly for you and you would appreciate being made aware of opportunities for saving.

All the while, of course, feeling like giving her a sharp smack with a rolled-up newspaper.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.