Don't Tell Him He's A Lurcher

Guest haaky378

Looks like a grey to me too. He is a cutie! Welcome!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I would just think of him as a greyhound. He sure is a handsome guy!

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Ohio has a lot of lurchers that are Greys mixed with Labs or coonhounds. He sure doesn't look like those that I have seen. He looks very much GH to me.

Lynn mom to:Roper(Roper is Here),Josie the Australian Cattle Dog mix, Lacey the Corgi mix, Allie the cat and 2 skin kids and at the bridge Bailey (AA's Bailey), Snickers(Jax Snickers) , Sabrina the Collie and Sadie the Border Collie mix.

Guest Morgaynn

Looks like a greyhoundie to me. Whatever his lineage (and I still say all grey) He's stunning. :wub: :wub: :wub::welcome:wubsite

Edited because I have a typo demon possessing my keyboard and I have yet to figure out how to exorcise it.

Edited by Morgaynn

my blue is also not tattooed and of uncertain origins as he was found running loose as a puppy. the local consensus is that he ran away from a traveller (gypsy) camp, they use greyhounds and whippets to chase rabbits and hares, and will mix the two, so blue may have a touch of whippet mixed in as he's short for a male greyhound, same size as mille, who we know is pure greyhound back to the 1700's. my vet, greyhound savvy, and millies track trainer all think blue's all greyhound too, just not as muscular as he never trained for the track. he sure likes to run and chase rabbits tho. (actually catching them however is not what he wants), anyhow he was listed at the rescue centre as greyhound/lurcher, but he's my blue ribbon boy.

blueribbon.jpg

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

Guest ellieb
Wow, that is quite a convincing visual. Thanks :colgate They told me he was probably 75% grey, with the little differences being his ears and head a little wider and his tail a little shorter and thicker. Also his tail curves straight up when he's running, like a flag. He seems to have more stamina (ran for two straight hours at the dog park this weekend), but still seems to sleep just as much. But it sounds like he can be accepted as a least an honorary grey, which he will be pleased to hear.

Sounds just like my Maximilian. He is not tattooed but acts all grey!

At a big gathering, one longtime greyhound person said he looked like an Irish greyhound. Another called him a traveler's greyhound. I just know that I love him and he is MY greyhound!

Edited by ellieb